Talk

Advanced search

Y9 GCSE and ADHD

(3 Posts)
devientenigma Thu 25-Aug-11 08:44:20

Hi all, DD goes to get her GCSE results today. She's not academic at all and alongside her ADHD I'm not expecting the earth. I just feel for her in regards to knowing she has worked bloody hard in comparison to her friends. Plus her school worked this different, she is getting 3 GCSE's 2 year early and has fit them in a year rather than the usual 2 year. She goes into her proper GCSE year in September Y10 if that makes sense. It just means if she gets them she comes out with more qualifications than what other schools do. Thanks for the air!

magentadreamer Thu 25-Aug-11 09:32:58

Good luck! My DD is also in yr9 and will be heading for school at 12pm to pick up her results. Taking 3 over a year seems rather alot for yr9. DD's school does option subject at the rate of one a year in yr9-11. The whole of Yr9 also did GCSE Statistics. DD is also going to get confirmation regarding her OCR National in ICT plus FS in English. What subjects did your DD take?

PonceyMcPonce Thu 25-Aug-11 16:16:38

Good luck to her.

fwiw if she is diagnosed with adhd, has the SENCO or Exams Officer spoken to her or you, about the conditions in which she sits her exams?

They may be able to make her more comfortable with a nominated seat at the back or front of the room (if that suits her) a separate room (costly but sometimes very helpful) a rest break or two for longer exams etc.

Not suggesting that she cannot cope, just that if she works hard I am sure the school will want to support her in any way to help her achieve all she deserves. As she now has a good idea of how she manages in y9, she could tell them what might help her acheive ever more in year 10 and 11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now