Talk

Advanced search

GCSE Results day.........unfortunatly we'rer on holiday

(15 Posts)
hennipenni Sat 20-Aug-11 19:22:20

so we've asked for them to be sent the results to our home address. Does anybody know whether they will arrive on results day? Will the school have received all the GCSE results before results day in order to send those out who can't get to school, or does the school receive them on on results day?
many thanks>

hennipenni Sat 20-Aug-11 19:22:37

terrible spelling

lilolilmanchester Sat 20-Aug-11 19:25:25

I don't know (hopefully a teacher will be along to advise soon) but we were away for DS's AS results last year and we gave a trusted friend a letter giving them permission to collect on his behalf and then they phoned with the results. Not sure if your school will allow that or if you would want that, but thought I'd mention it! Good luck with the results and enjoy your holiday x

VivaLeBeaver Sat 20-Aug-11 19:42:07

I was on holiday when my gcse results came out andrang up and got them. Not sure if they still do that.

lilolilmanchester Sat 20-Aug-11 19:47:18

henni, can you ring school - there's a chance someone will pick up, but if not leave a message - ask their advice?

kritur Sat 20-Aug-11 19:48:55

They probably won't get to your home address on results day (but aren't you away anyway?). What usually happens is that the post is done on results day and any that haven't been picked up are automatically posted. Our admin staff are term time only except for a few days they are paid overtime.
You could nominate a proxy to collect them on your behalf (sending them with a signed letter) and you may also be able to phone the school and get them to give them you down the phone if they know in advance.

hennipenni Sat 20-Aug-11 20:26:30

Hi thanks for the messages, we are away yes which the school are aware of, we asked them to send dds results to our home address ( I stupidly forgot to ask when they would arrive at home).

DD was hoping to ring home on results day to ask my mum (who is staying to pet sit) to read the results out to her.

Last year with DD1 we rang the school to get them. But there were others who arranged for aunt/uncle/grandparent to go into school to collect and then call with results.

This year with DD1 she was here in Spain and they emailed the results at 9am when the school was opening up to all the A and AS Level students so she found out at the same time.

hennipenni Sat 20-Aug-11 20:38:30

I'm really wishing that we'd arranged for one of dds friends to collect them but it too late now.

Ring the school on Monday/email them today. You never know - they may allow her Grandmother to collect. Explain the situation and they may be able to help. Although, surely if you ring them on Thursday morning they should give you them. Does the school have an intranet for the pupils?

mnistooaddictive Mon 22-Aug-11 16:57:55

Different schools have different policies. One school I worked in would only give them to someone other than the student with written permission from that student. They also would not give them out over the phone. The results belong to that student and they do not have the right to give them to anyone else or the srudent could complain. They will be posted Thursday and should arrive at your house on the Friday.
I doubt anyone will be in the school before Thursday.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 24-Aug-11 07:45:20

Results are downloaded today and will be posted today tonarrive tomorrow I think.

cricketballs Wed 24-Aug-11 18:42:31

can DD not email her HoY stating that her nan has permission to collect. Also email her nan with permission to collect?

hennipenni Sun 04-Sep-11 12:54:30

Hi DD eventually got her results YESTERDAY after a huge cock up at school. Regardless to say a formal letter of complaint is winging it's way to school as it has caused so much stress for her, luckily college have held her place until she rings the results through to them tomorrow. She did really well and I'm very proud of her acheivements and how well she has handled the situation.

Talker2010 Sun 04-Sep-11 13:00:55

wow that is bad

They could not have been posted before the 25th and should certainly have been posted by the 26th

I assume that the envelope you left with them had a first class stamp so they either did not post or the Royal Mail have done a very poor job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now