Talk

Advanced search

Trivial but what school shoes does your tiny footed (sz 1) 11 year old girl have for secondary school?

(10 Posts)
MrsMeow Mon 15-Aug-11 20:30:42

After a very unsuccessful shoe shopping trip for her today, I thought I'd ask on here. DD is starting secondary in September and is still only a size 1 in shoes. She wants something a bit more 'grown up' shoes wise and I was hoping to stick with Clarks as usual, but the Bootleg range for older children, but this only starts from a size 3. The younger girls range are ok, but the same as she's wearing since she was in reception!

I was thinking of Rocket Dog or similar, but they only seem to start from a size 3 as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Theas18 Tue 16-Aug-11 11:25:43

DD2 (12) has just got her new school shoes. THey are bootleg brogue/jazz shoe style ones. For once I'm very happy and she is too!

These are the "junior girls" version that come in your Dd size.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/enduses-is-school/department-is-girls/size-is-_1junior/product-is-20342806

Nothing babyish about them. Very fashionable style at the moment too.

Rocket dogs IMHO expensive (not leather either) don't last and stink!!- DD1 had a nice black pair with a big buckle- looked and fitted well but the fabric lining- Phew !!
(the canvas casual rocket dogs that you an stick in the machine aren't bad though).

MrsMeow Tue 16-Aug-11 19:10:37

Thanks very much Theas, they're pretty nice and DD likes them too. We'll go and have a look at the weekend I think smile

Thanks for the heads up about the Rocket Dogs. I saw some in Schuh and thought they'd do as I have a pair of slip on pump type things. I'll leave them though if they're stinky!

bigTillyMint Tue 16-Aug-11 22:10:54

DD wants some brogue ones - think they are the same as Theas, or maybe some more of the more grown-up MaryJanes (from the Clarkes shop grin) - she is just going into Y8. She also has Kickers boots that still fit (they might go small enough?) and are cool and hard wearing, but ££!

weegiemum Tue 16-Aug-11 22:14:47

Oh my goodness I hope you find something. I just spent £50 on bootleg brogue type shoes fr my 11 year old (going into P7) who is a size SIX (as well as similar for her brother - age 9 - size 4 and sister - age 7 - size 1!).

Bt then I'm a 10, so they are all going to have huge feet!

ExitPursuedByATroll Tue 16-Aug-11 22:17:09

weegiemum - can I ask how tall you are? And when did your feet stop growing. My DD is starting Y7 in September and is size 8 - so we have problems at the other end of the spectrum.

MrsMeow Tue 16-Aug-11 23:36:07

Thanks everyone. It's a flippin' nightmare! I was a size 8 when I started secondary (am a 6 and a half now though since having DC - not sure how that works!) and I remember struggling to find nice shoes in that size. It's weird how I'm back there again with DD, but totally opposite. She's very petite all over though.

Bigtillymint - kickers a v good idea, will look into those!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 17-Aug-11 08:42:13

dd has just got some brogues too. being as she is someone who hates fashion, its a bit of a fluke shes chosen something fashionable!

Hellishday Thu 18-Aug-11 15:03:01

Thank god for brogues.
Dd is 15 in 3 weeks, and has been quite happy with StartRite/Clarks shoes.
However, she has now grown out of those...size 8. Went to Clarks today and they do a srptke in their teenage range which is a brogue, but it didn't fit.
But we did find some brogues from the ladies section, cushioned inner sole, sturdy..for £50 which she loves.
Thank you God.

Hellishday Thu 18-Aug-11 15:03:58

Srptke= shoe by the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now