Talk

Advanced search

Trivial but what school shoes does your tiny footed (sz 1) 11 year old girl have for secondary school?

(10 Posts)
MrsMeow Mon 15-Aug-11 20:30:42

After a very unsuccessful shoe shopping trip for her today, I thought I'd ask on here. DD is starting secondary in September and is still only a size 1 in shoes. She wants something a bit more 'grown up' shoes wise and I was hoping to stick with Clarks as usual, but the Bootleg range for older children, but this only starts from a size 3. The younger girls range are ok, but the same as she's wearing since she was in reception!

I was thinking of Rocket Dog or similar, but they only seem to start from a size 3 as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Theas18 Tue 16-Aug-11 11:25:43

DD2 (12) has just got her new school shoes. THey are bootleg brogue/jazz shoe style ones. For once I'm very happy and she is too!

These are the "junior girls" version that come in your Dd size.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/enduses-is-school/department-is-girls/size-is-_1junior/product-is-20342806

Nothing babyish about them. Very fashionable style at the moment too.

Rocket dogs IMHO expensive (not leather either) don't last and stink!!- DD1 had a nice black pair with a big buckle- looked and fitted well but the fabric lining- Phew !!
(the canvas casual rocket dogs that you an stick in the machine aren't bad though).

MrsMeow Tue 16-Aug-11 19:10:37

Thanks very much Theas, they're pretty nice and DD likes them too. We'll go and have a look at the weekend I think smile

Thanks for the heads up about the Rocket Dogs. I saw some in Schuh and thought they'd do as I have a pair of slip on pump type things. I'll leave them though if they're stinky!

bigTillyMint Tue 16-Aug-11 22:10:54

DD wants some brogue ones - think they are the same as Theas, or maybe some more of the more grown-up MaryJanes (from the Clarkes shop grin) - she is just going into Y8. She also has Kickers boots that still fit (they might go small enough?) and are cool and hard wearing, but ££!

weegiemum Tue 16-Aug-11 22:14:47

Oh my goodness I hope you find something. I just spent £50 on bootleg brogue type shoes fr my 11 year old (going into P7) who is a size SIX (as well as similar for her brother - age 9 - size 4 and sister - age 7 - size 1!).

Bt then I'm a 10, so they are all going to have huge feet!

ExitPursuedByATroll Tue 16-Aug-11 22:17:09

weegiemum - can I ask how tall you are? And when did your feet stop growing. My DD is starting Y7 in September and is size 8 - so we have problems at the other end of the spectrum.

MrsMeow Tue 16-Aug-11 23:36:07

Thanks everyone. It's a flippin' nightmare! I was a size 8 when I started secondary (am a 6 and a half now though since having DC - not sure how that works!) and I remember struggling to find nice shoes in that size. It's weird how I'm back there again with DD, but totally opposite. She's very petite all over though.

Bigtillymint - kickers a v good idea, will look into those!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 17-Aug-11 08:42:13

dd has just got some brogues too. being as she is someone who hates fashion, its a bit of a fluke shes chosen something fashionable!

Hellishday Thu 18-Aug-11 15:03:01

Thank god for brogues.
Dd is 15 in 3 weeks, and has been quite happy with StartRite/Clarks shoes.
However, she has now grown out of those...size 8. Went to Clarks today and they do a srptke in their teenage range which is a brogue, but it didn't fit.
But we did find some brogues from the ladies section, cushioned inner sole, sturdy..for £50 which she loves.
Thank you God.

Hellishday Thu 18-Aug-11 15:03:58

Srptke= shoe by the way

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: