Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls suits for Sixth Form

(15 Posts)
MotherOfGirls Fri 12-Aug-11 06:40:11

Shopping advice, please! DD needs suits for school for September - trousers or skirts, grey, black or navy, plain or pale pin stripe - and shirts. She's a size 10 so that bit's quite easy. Heading for Southampton for a shopping day tomorrow. Any suggestions which won't break the bank?

Cybermum Fri 12-Aug-11 06:48:36

Zara (West Quay) are good for 'work' basics and my DDs like it!

MotherOfGirls Fri 12-Aug-11 07:01:29

Will put Zara on the list - thank you!

goinggetstough Fri 12-Aug-11 07:27:58

Suits Zara (agree with Cyber) Next and M and S.
Shirts Zara and H and M.
Hope you have a successful day.

senua Fri 12-Aug-11 08:17:12

Count yourself lucky!

Finding a suit for DD was easy. We had a couple from M&S, and a cheap'n'cheerful emergency one from Peacocks IIRC. They were all reasonably priced and washable. It's not so for DS - they are at least twice the price and dry-clean-only.sad

marriedinwhite Fri 12-Aug-11 09:27:29

There are some fantastic and plain but trendy ones in the Jasper Conran selection at Debenhams at the moment.

goinggetstough Fri 12-Aug-11 10:18:19

Senua M and S do washable men's suits and their basic range is 59 pounds and of course you can get two pairs of trousers.www.marksandspencer.com/Outstanding-Value-Suits-Suits-Mens/b/1316785031?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=059TF512ZVX5QTMRJRFX&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43483030&pf_rd_p=475115433&pf_rd_s=left-nav-2 Unfortunately they didn't fit my DS....

senua Fri 12-Aug-11 10:57:03

Thanks GGT. We looked at M&S but he wasn't impressed (although I might get one as the emergency suit). And after five years of regulation black trousers, the last thing he wants is a black suit!
At the moment, it looks as if it will be a Next suit but (sod's lawhmm) they had every size except his. We need another visit on Saturday to a larger branch.

MotherOfGirls Mon 15-Aug-11 09:15:04

A long day in Southampton produced a pair of shoes and one shirt! Zara and M&S came closest in suits but the 24inch is below her knee and therefore longer than she wants. Any other suggestions gratefully received!

goinggetstough Mon 15-Aug-11 12:12:42

Does the jacket have to be part of the suit or can you get a black jacket and black skirt as that would give you more flexibility on the length of skirt?

MotherOfGirls Tue 16-Aug-11 07:10:57

It has to look like it was bought as a suit, goinggetstough, but I guess with plain black I could get away with separates. Just discovered Next do a petite range with slightly shorter skirsts, so will give that a go on the next trip!

BerryMojito Wed 17-Aug-11 20:03:54

Sounds very similar to my DD's uniform for September. Sorry to hear that the shopping trip was not too successful. We managed to get a couple of skirts and a jacket from Zara, the skirts are probably longer than she would like but definitely above the knee. I find the issue with Zara is that the stock in each location is sooooo different. M&S have been great for shirts for the last few years - allowed pale colours or a feint stripe. Off to H&M for jumpers next! Good luck!

goinggetstough Wed 17-Aug-11 20:57:31

Def second H and Ms for jumpers....

MotherOfGirls Thu 18-Aug-11 16:33:37

Success at Next - a black suit with a skirt longer than she would like but just about on the knee. 3 shirts and 2 cardigans from H&M. Time to celebrate with a G&T!

maypole1 Thu 18-Aug-11 17:21:48

Dorthey Perkins have nice stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now