Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a school uniform skirt that will fit my DD.

(13 Posts)
CroissantNeuf Mon 18-Jul-11 11:38:31

DD starts secondary school in September.

She is very petite and the smallest size skirt the school uniform shop sells falls down round her ankles and is stupidly expensive.

The school are quite/very strict on uniform especially the styles of skirt so what I need is for it to be:

-navy blue
-straight
-no waistband
-small slit at the back
-no pockets
-probably age 9-10

Has anyone seen anything that matches this anywhere?

M&S and Matalan don't as I've tried there.

Thanks

ShatnersBassoon Mon 18-Jul-11 11:41:47

No waistband? I don't understand how that would work.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 18-Jul-11 11:44:20

John Lewis might be your best bet, by the way. They tend to sell more old-fashioned/traditional uniform skirts.

Madlizzy Mon 18-Jul-11 11:46:29

BHS do uniform for skinnies, average and bigger kids IIRC.

CroissantNeuf Mon 18-Jul-11 11:54:02

No waistband as in no separate band, the skirt is shaped so slightly narrower at the top and has a zip.

John Lewis sound promising -will have a look online

Do BHS still exist -our nearest one closed?

Thanks

CroissantNeuf Mon 18-Jul-11 12:14:16

Nothing at John Lewis (or Tesco, Next, Asda, Debenhams websites).

They all have pleats, dropped waists, are A-line etc.

The nearest I can find is at Bhs (can't link to it as it just takes you to the homepage but its the senior girls pencil skirt)but its only available in Black not navy and the smallest size is 11 yrs.

Ilythia Mon 18-Jul-11 22:12:32

Can you find a local seamstress and have some made?

klm4765 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:30:31

Have you looked at www.trutexdirect.com?

Theas18 Mon 18-Jul-11 23:08:06

www.clivemark.co.uk/shop/product.asp?strParents=0,10317&CAT_ID=10309&P_ID=100149

Is out uniform skirt in navy. Goes down to 22 waist and M&S school sizing informs me that 23 inch is their 9yr old size.

I think that should fit the bill for ŷou. I understand ours are having to have logos on the waist to stop then rolling them up from s
ept lol

CroissantNeuf Tue 19-Jul-11 08:32:18

Thanks for those ideas -I'll take a look at those sites later when I've got a bit of time.

mummytime Tue 19-Jul-11 09:12:47

I would phone other uniform shops, my daughter's skirt goes down in size to at least 20 inch (and I'm sure smaller). If the school is still there I would phone them as well and explain the problem to see if they have any ideas, it cannot be the first time they have had a small girl.

HoneyPablo Tue 19-Jul-11 09:19:18

If the skirt has no waistband, then it will have darts at the front presumably. These are very easy to take in to get a better fit.
The uniform shop can do it, might be expensive or you can do it easily yourself if you have a sewing machine.

mumslife Tue 19-Jul-11 21:12:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now