Talk

Advanced search

Any opinions of Sir Thomas Rich school in Gloucester?

(5 Posts)
teacherwith2kids Mon 27-Jun-11 11:45:22

Obviously, DS may not get a high enough mark in the grammar school test to go - but does anyone have recent experience of / opinions about Sir Thomas Rich school in Gloucester?

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 27-Jun-11 12:49:12

Quite good at Rugby I believe.

teacherwith2kids Mon 27-Jun-11 12:56:01

:-)

I'm perhaps more interested in ethos / facilities / quality of teaching / any issues such as bullying / general child experience (bearing in mind my DS, though bright, displays some highly 'ASD' behaviours, especially when stressed, and has in the past become a selective mute due to his experience in school)

CMOTdibbler Mon 27-Jun-11 13:01:02

Dnephew1 goes there, well just leaving as he has done his a2s. He's been happy, but I don't think that he has been pushed enough (typical lazy but bright lad) or given a lot of guidance on subjects. I guess they must be pretty good on bullying as dnephew and a few of his friends (reading his fb) are gay, out and proud with no school probs.

teacherwith2kids Wed 29-Jun-11 21:46:49

Any more opinions? (Shameless bump).

I visited it - and didn't like it that much. Seemed shabby, facilities (e.g., sports, science, music, ICT) not that great (comparing it to more local comprehensive) and a bit 'we're a grammar school, we're better than everyone else so we don't have to really try that hard'... so I was looking for other opinions 'from the inside' to get a more balanced view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now