Talk

Advanced search

Just a quick question .

(53 Posts)
wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 20:36:37

Can someone please tell me if its the norm to get yor kids form teacher a token gift to say thanks for a good year. If the answer is yea has anyone got any ideas what . I was thinking bottle of scotch or chocolates. God knows HELP > LOL

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 20:50:08

noblegiraffe Fri 10-Jun-11 21:01:58

Secondary school? No, it's not. As a form tutor, I never got any sad

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:06:28

ah but would you have liked one.

Ooopsadaisy Fri 10-Jun-11 21:10:40

I think any student taking a pressie-wessie for teacher at secondary school would probably get their head kicked in.

Sorry - just my opinion.

YummyHoney Fri 10-Jun-11 21:13:49

Totally inappropriate at Secondary School. shock

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:14:27

dont be silly . I was going to leave it at reception . Even I am not that dense. But that aside would it be an ok gesture to send a token than you gift .

YummyHoney Fri 10-Jun-11 21:16:03

Is this a wind-up? Or are you genuinely that crass?

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:17:40

what are you on about , Whos being crass

YummyHoney Fri 10-Jun-11 21:18:18

You asked "Is it the norm?"

No, it's not. The clue is in the word 'secondary'

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 21:22:02

No but it would be very much appreciated - or just send in a big box for all teachers to share in the staff room

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:23:21

whats crass got to do with this . So hold on a minute being in secondary means you cant say thank you in the form of a nice gesture small gift
. I asked a question if it was the norm I did not state a any time it was the norm , Whats the matter with you that you have to be so rude and abrupt with someone asking a geniune question . Did you have a bad day oe something , ( that wasnt a geniune question , I couldnt give a fuck personally . )

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 21:23:53

I know the families who send a little thing in to the office staff at christmas or end of year (like flowers or chocolates) are much appreciated - I have seen emails being sent round about come and share from the lovely x parent of y

warm feelings never hurt

(particularly if your child is a particularly little sh!t)

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 21:24:23

sorry I have had a really bad few days

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:25:14

Tin of chocs for the staff room seem the way to go them . I will take into reception . I wont put my ds name on it or anything . I will just say its from a gratefull yr 7 parent whos ds has had a good introduction to secondary school

fuzzpigFriday Fri 10-Jun-11 21:26:15

Why on earth is it inappropriate?

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:28:10

no activate that wasnt directed at you . sorry youve had a bad few days . Ds is good kid and achieving good grades . LOL if he was a little shit it would be a tin of chocs a week .

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 21:28:56

no say who it's from - it's from you and it's nice for people to know who the supportive, caring parent is who actually thinks that the school is doing a good job

a thank you is always appreciated and extremely rare

TheFlyingOnion Fri 10-Jun-11 21:31:09

take a big tin of Roses for the staff room. they'll love you and when you next want something, it'll smooth the way...

Yummyhoney is obviously a bit pre-menstrual...

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:31:57

thanks activate I will do . I do like the school they are nice people . I feel they are caring . You know what I mean .

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:33:04

bit pre menstral . I would actually call it rude ,and lacking in manners .

scarlettsmummy2 Fri 10-Jun-11 21:36:27

I took my form teacher a bunch of flowers every year, as did several other children in my class. Some brought sweets. I remember her being delighted. this was fifteen years ago though! but I am sure it still happens. no-on made fun of me!

Maryz Fri 10-Jun-11 21:37:42

I sent a present to my son's housemaster one year - my son had been a little shit, activate he had gone beyond the call of duty and done a lot for us. I sent two bottles of wine and a card - but I didn't tell my son grin.

Sarah159 Fri 10-Jun-11 21:39:02

As someone who is married to a secondary school teacher, they put up with a lot of shit from some nasty kids and often with very little thanks so I'd say any small gesture of thanks is an absolute ray of sunshine - doesn't everyone like to be appreciated for what they do?! A little note saying how you appreciate what they've done and a token gift would I'm sure be gratefully received. THere's always a way of doing these things that avoid embarrassing your kids if that is a worry!

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:40:50

They must get so much grief of some of the kids that I thought it would be nice to know that some of the parents think they are fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now