Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help,please - at Habs' 11+ assessment - is it verbal or non verbal reasoning ?

(7 Posts)
madhuri Thu 09-Jun-11 03:48:10

Hi,
I need to know really urgently - in the Habs' 11+ testing - I know there is one hour of Maths, one hour of English and half hour of "reasoning" - is this verbal reasoning or non verbal ? The answer will make a huge difference to DS' preparation for an assessment coming up. Non verbal reasoning is SO new to us . he (and I) are struggling with it greatly and I have no idea how we are going to get up to speed in time.
Your help is much much much appreciated.....

thenevernever Thu 09-Jun-11 16:50:13

the answer will no doubt lie on the elevenplusexams.co.uk forum. The Independent section has lots of habs threads.
Good luck to your ds!

COCKadoodledooo Sat 11-Jun-11 11:00:12

It's on their website - "A mixture of questions on verbal, non-verbal and mathematical reasoning."

madhuri Sun 12-Jun-11 02:46:40

thanks ladies :-)

lbubbly Sun 12-Jun-11 19:08:58

Non verbal reasoning is used to test your IQ level.Most children use the books to learn the stategies whilst the smarter ones just seem to know the answers.

madhuri Mon 13-Jun-11 04:36:05

Thanks lbubbly.....unfortunately we have no time at all between his current school in SIngapore closing and the Habs' test to learn any strategies. Trust is God, I guess :-(

lbubbly Mon 13-Jun-11 08:41:08

visit the non verbal reasoning test sites online it should help and good luck.My
D.Daughter took her tests as an overseas student and passed .It`s called the ELA test so in fact your child may not have to sit the 11+ but the ELA and the non verbal reasoning 0)).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: