Talk

Advanced search

Secondary School waiting lists

(12 Posts)
siouxzee Tue 07-Jun-11 17:25:37

My DD is on the waiting list for Christs School Richmond. She is currently No 16 on the list. Does anyone know if this is a good position to be in. Were any of you in a similar position in previous years and got in? Thanks

corlan Tue 07-Jun-11 17:38:41

If you phone the admissions office at the council siouxzee. They should be able to tell you what happened with the waiting list last year.

The number is 020 8891 7514.

I've found them really helpful in the past.

siouxzee Tue 07-Jun-11 17:53:54

Thank you very much corlan I will try that tomorrow.

cwazycaz Thu 16-Jun-11 12:09:50

Hi, how are you getting on? DC also on a waiting list... finding it so difficult...

siouxzee Mon 20-Jun-11 10:36:40

Hi, currently number 9 on waiting list after calling this morning. I was told not likely to be a lot of movement now. Was feeling quite positive up until today.

Deaddei Mon 20-Jun-11 12:33:54

Where has she been offered a place? Is it that bad?

cwazycaz Tue 21-Jun-11 16:09:29

Be strong, siouxzee! I called the council yesterday and we are pretty much on the same boat! Induction days start next week. I now have to prepare dc to go to a school which is not our preferred choice! But will still remain hopeful

siouxzee Wed 22-Jun-11 09:46:33

Hi going up the list very fast and now at No.5. My DD after visiting Grey Court again wants to go there. It is a long journey for her and would prefer Christs. Feeling very positive we will be offered a place. How are you getting on cwazycaz?

cwazycaz Wed 22-Jun-11 16:36:16

No movement on our side! sad thanks for asking!

Deaddei Thu 23-Jun-11 14:12:42

I know lots at Gray Court and heard good positive stuff.

snoozie2 Thu 13-Oct-11 13:25:39

Did you get a place, just interested as our daughter goes to a link school but we live in East Sheen and we are hoping she can get in there next year?

troisgarcons Fri 14-Oct-11 20:22:13

From personal experience dealing with this - children can move about very rapidly in the first half term of Y7 - parents on waiting lists get places, then decline them because their child is happy and settled at a different school; people move away suddenly;a child at the schol becomes very unhappy and is removed.

I've seen 90 places shoot through at an oversubscribed school before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now