Talk

Advanced search

GCSE Triple Science Revision Guides

(8 Posts)
christine34 Mon 30-May-11 11:59:43

Hi, could anyone please recommend a good revision guide for my DD, who is doing Triple Science GCSE? Many thanks. smile (AQA is the e. board) - have been on their site but so many books that it's difficult to know which one to get!

snorkie Mon 30-May-11 12:19:20

I've not seen the AQA specific revision guides (ds did do AQA, but just used the text books), but the CGP ones are much better than the Collins ones for OCR (I looked through both for dd and was horrified to find quite few factual errors in the Collins physics book). I think CGP are fairly well regarded and imo well laid out - so maybe look at those.

christine34 Mon 30-May-11 12:43:30

Thanks, Snorkie, that's very helpful. Will have a look now! smile

Loshad Mon 30-May-11 22:56:59

I like the CGP ones best too - think their awful jokes are funny hmm, presume your dd is in y10 atm, wouldn't bother now for y11.

seeker Tue 31-May-11 07:46:40

CGP are brilliant. We have to do a lot of driving about, so dd keeps them in the car so she can use a spare 15 minutes for a bit of revision.

The jokes are awful - but they help stuff stick in the brain!

christine34 Tue 31-May-11 10:18:14

Thanks, CGP it is!! smile

fairydoll Sat 04-Jun-11 20:07:21

CGP is what the school recommends

adelicatequestion Tue 07-Jun-11 20:18:32

My DD loves her CGP books and spend ages highlighting the bits she doesn;t understand and then going over it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now