Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had DTs at different secondary schools?

(5 Posts)
Chocamochalatte Sat 28-May-11 21:38:00

I may have to consider this due to DT1 needing to go where there is good AEN Support but this school is further away and DT2 unlikely to get in...

Would it work?

Same LEA so holidays should be the same apart from maybe inset days...

What other issues could there be?

CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Sun 29-May-11 15:57:10

By secondary age most DCs travel to and from school by themselves so being at two different secondaries should make no difference as long as your Dcs are able to get themselves to school.

Can't think of any other issues, really.

Secondary school does not carry so many logistical problems as primary as DCs are so much more independent. That is why a lot of secondaries don't have a sibling policy (which i presume is why your DC2 is unlikely to get in).

luckylavender Sun 29-May-11 20:14:57

I have freinds with DTs in separate schools from secondary and quite deliberate - works very well

diseyw Sun 29-May-11 20:20:57

My DS in year 8 is at a different Secondary school in another town 7 miles away from my DD (year 11). DD is at an all girls school and didn't want DS to go to catchment all boys school so choose mixed school in the next town.
The only issues we have is with transport, backwards and forwards being a taxi between both towns has to be taken in to consideration. INSET days are sometimes different but workable.
Cant help but compare both schools on teaching, discipline, results etc especially as DS school has just been rated outstanding by ofsted.
No other major issues have arisen, some schools suit some kids needs more than others and this definately needsto be considered to do the best for them.

Chocamochalatte Mon 30-May-11 22:17:37

Diseyw, that is a worry of mine, what if one school turns out to be substantially better than the other?

They are very different, but would it push them apart, not sharing the same environment? Would it be good for them to have something different to talk about?

They are in yr 4 atm so I have a while to think about it but can't help worrying. I don't know anyone who has done this and the only other twins I 'know' are in DT2s class are never separated for anything and always dressed the same..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now