Talk

Advanced search

kris123: did your son get into Eton in the end?

(11 Posts)
greythorne Thu 03-Feb-11 21:09:30

anyone heard from Kris123?

PixieOnaLeaf Thu 03-Feb-11 23:07:07

Message withdrawn

JeffVadar Fri 04-Feb-11 15:35:35

IIRC her son had been offered a place and she wanted advice on where was the best place to take his Common Entrance.

He won't actually go until 2013.

dapplegrey Thu 24-Mar-11 20:55:17

I have also been wondering about this. If she was genuine, then good luck to the lad. If not........well I don't know what to think ;)

Bue Mon 28-Mar-11 19:59:39

I've just wandered into this section looking for the latest from Krisland too... say what you will, Secondary Education was far more lively with her around!

Madsometimes Tue 29-Mar-11 10:15:32

He got into St Olaves which is a super selective grammar.

I have no idea if she is still thinking of getting him to take the Common Entrance. Personally, I think she was for real.

OliPolly Tue 29-Mar-11 11:02:36

I read the thread and thought it was real.

Why wouldn't it be? Typical MN response - you can't be happy or have success ! LOL

lazymumofteenagesons Tue 29-Mar-11 19:21:02

She was definitely for real but she was not prepared to listen to any advice given by people who had alot of experience in the system. OliPolly - noone was begrudging her son (or her) success or happiness, but if she has taken the st Olaves place and sits him for common entrance in year 8 she will have taken someone elses place away from them.

suppermummy Thu 08-Sep-11 20:49:34

Hi1
My son sat for the interview at Eton .Unfortunetly he didnt make it.
Is there anything thing i can do ...he is very disappointed and is very keen to sit fot music scholarship...this is for 2013 entry.

IndridCold Sun 11-Sep-11 09:53:22

Hi suppermummy - the best thing is to call the Tutor for Admissions, the people there are very helpful.

I think that you can take the scholarship if you don't have a place but you have to do very well at Common Entrance, up to Eton's required standard.

Good luck to your DS!

Colleger Tue 13-Sep-11 20:14:36

Hi supper mummy,

My son sits for Eton in November and if he doesn't get in then we are definitely trying for a music scholarship. Bear in mind however that the scholarships are super competitive and tend to be filled by boys who are choristers or Oriental boys with grade 8+ on both piano and violin.

Would be interested to know what school he goes to. Another thing is if he didn't even get a B place then it's unlikely he will get in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now