Talk

Advanced search

old exercise books

(5 Posts)
summer111 Tue 21-Dec-10 18:23:31

I finally managed to get dd (Yr 9) to clear out her bedroom. She presented me with a bin liner full of her Yr 7 and Yr 8 exercise books. Should these be kept for revision purposes or can I bannish them to our recycling bin?

This may sound like a really basic question but I'm still getting to grips with the UK education system!!

DustDustDust Tue 21-Dec-10 18:55:34

I wanted to keep all mine so that I could look back at them fondly and nostalgically.grin
I found I didn't need any of them again except for Maths and French. Maybe keep the maths ones because exams include stuff from Year 7 and 8 too, but it's not the end of the world if they get binned.

Goblinchild Tue 21-Dec-10 18:57:15

We bought the revision guides recommended by the school. I kept a couple of the projects for interest, but neither of mine used books from past years, so we recycled the rest.

hocuspontas Tue 21-Dec-10 19:05:00

I came across my own year 7 English composition book recently from 1967 and got very emotional at some of the things I had written about. Especially 'My Family' because most of the people I had written about are no longer here. I'm so glad my mum didn't convince me to ditch them grin

summer111 Tue 21-Dec-10 23:00:47

Many thanks ladies for your replies, I think I'll keep the Maths and English ones!

hocuspontas, I can really identify with your comment sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now