Talk

Advanced search

LAMDA

(3 Posts)
magicwand Thu 02-Dec-10 19:56:56

Any advice on taking the LAMDA speech and drams exams? My 14 year old DS is going to start on his grade 6 exams. He can do a maximum of 4. Should he do all 4? Will it help in universtiy applications? He does not want to do drama at uni.I know its a bit early to be thinking about university but we need to decide on the LAMDA exams now. Because if he does not do all the 4 in grade 6, he will not be able to do those for grades 7 and 8 either.I have heard its a lot of work.

mycatunderstandsme Fri 03-Dec-10 10:32:11

Does he know what this will involve?

My DD is taking her Grade 6 Acting in January. Learning the 2 pieces required for this is do-able with her school work and other drama/singing/dance lessons but I think it would be virtually impossible to learn all the pieces required for 4 exams at once.

DD is thinking of drama at Uni so is keen to get to Grade 8 and pass with a good mark. She may do Lamda musical theatre also but has not decided yet. She certainly won't do 4 exams.

If your son is not going to do drama at Uni I can't see why more than 1 exam would be needed. In theory you do get UCAS points for each but I think most good Universities specify grades rather than points anyway.

magicwand Sat 04-Dec-10 12:29:12

Thanks a lot for the reply.

He knows what is involved since he has done all the 4 exams upto grade 5.

His drama teacher says he should do all 4 sice he is capabale but I am not sure because as you say all the good universities see grades and not UCAS points.So why put in so much effort for this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: