Talk

Advanced search

12+ Selection Test in Bexley

(4 Posts)
InTune Mon 29-Nov-10 14:05:44

I am thinking of entrying my DD for the Bexley 12+ selection test next year.

Does anyone have any experience of these kind of test? plus what are the likelihood of a child gaining a place at a grammar school on the 12+ test??

Anything would be helpful.

blametheparents Mon 29-Nov-10 19:29:02

So is your DD currently in Year 7 of a non-selective school then?
Why is she not taking the 11plus in Year 6, or did she fail it at that time and you think she is ready now?

InTune Mon 06-Dec-10 13:43:33

Hello blametheparents, sorry for the late response.

My DD is a Year 7 student in a grammar school. My reason for wanting to move her is the distance consideration, else she is in a good school and happy.

She previously took the bexley 11+, which she passed, but due to distance criteria, we were not successful in the allocation process.

We have since moved into the borough, hence my enquiry on the 12+ process.

Jinx1906 Tue 14-Dec-10 22:02:49

Are you sure she will need to sit the 12+ Considering she passed the 11+ and if you can get your current HT to support the move, which she probably will considering you have now moved to Bexley AND if you are able to demonstrate that your child is currently working at GS level, it may well be possible that you are able to avoid the 12+. Perhaphs it is worth to ring Bexley admissions. Also there is a good message board on www.elevenplusexams.co.uk,just go to the Bexley forum area, there is some very good advise there.

All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now