Talk

Advanced search

Hurstpierpoint College

(6 Posts)
stiggins Wed 24-Nov-10 21:19:02

Has anyone got any experience of this college? Is it a primarily boarding or day school? My daughter's main interest is art.. i've heard that the sport is good, but never heard anyone mention the creative stuff..

NorhamGardens Mon 29-Nov-10 14:04:29

I've only known children here who were refused entry at more academic schools. They were boarders. This isn't up to date information though and my view shaped from the 6 or so boys I used to know at the college.

The parents ideally wanted them to be at Charterhouse and when they failed there they seemed to drift towards either Hustpierpoint, Cranleigh or Seaford.

mumoverseas Tue 30-Nov-10 13:09:36

I think it is an excellent college and with all due respect to Norham, there is an entrance exam and they don't just let anyone in.
My friend's DD sat her exam a few weeks ago and is awaiting the results any day.

I think it is a good mixture of day pupils and boarders although I believe a lot of the day pupils tend to board either flexiboarding or full boarding when they are doing GCSEs or in 6th form.

The school has excellent sporting facilities and I understand also has a very good art program. The offer scholarships for art so they must do a lot of creative/arty stuff one would assume.

I would highly recommend it, definitely one of the better colleges in that area

MABS Tue 30-Nov-10 14:18:11

10 years ago, not academic, new head 5 years ago in both prep and college, now very academic, highly selective. Art is brilliant, marvellous dept, very good theatre area too. Anything specific, just ask, I know the college very well

mumoverseas Tue 30-Nov-10 17:12:51

<mos sneaks back in and waves at MABS. mwah mwah> x

MABS Tue 30-Nov-10 17:53:56

hiya Mos darling x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: