Talk

Advanced search

Thanks for recommending Arran!

(9 Posts)
Bloodybridget Thu 09-Aug-18 18:37:24

A while ago I posted asking for suggestions for somewhere to spend a few days after a short cruise round Mull. Several people recommended Arran, and although we went somewhere else after the cruise, we are now enjoying a week here, absolutely love it! Even the weather has been much better than forecast! So thanks to you all smile

OOAOML Sat 11-Aug-18 13:36:30

We went earlier in the holidays - loved it. Amazing place!

Didntwanttochangemyname Fri 17-Aug-18 17:01:05

Do you have a a link to your post, or any suggestions for Arran? We are going next week (husband, toddler, baby and dog) and I've not had time to do any homework on it yet!

ApolloandDaphne Fri 17-Aug-18 17:05:21

I am going to Arran with DH and my DP's in October. Looking forward to it. We have been once and did loads of outdoor activities but we won't be doing that with the oldies in tow!

OOAOML Sat 18-Aug-18 22:46:55

We were pretty relaxed, so didn't climb Goatfell or anything! Brodick Castle is closed but the gardens are open. Went swimming at Auchrannie. Visits to the Distillery and the heritage museum. Also a bit of shopping (lovely independent shops).

Bloodybridget Sun 19-Aug-18 02:04:09

We are oldies, did lots of walking - a lovely walk from Whiting Bay up to Glenashdale Falls and back via Giants Graves, another from Kildory church. The Coffee Pot at Whiting Bay is a great cafe, also recommend the Velo Cafe at Lagg, just west of Kilmore. There's a fab bakery at Blackwaterfoot (closed on Mondays) and a very well stocked grocery. Fisherman's Walk at Brodick was delighful: beach, path through golf course, boardwalk etc. Walk west along the shore from Kildonan to see seals. Huge outdoor shop, Arran Active, in Brodick, if you have a weakness for cagoules and suchlike.

Bloodybridget Sun 19-Aug-18 02:05:22

Oh and the heritage museum is fantastic!

Didntwanttochangemyname Sun 19-Aug-18 09:57:19

Thank you BloodyBridget, I'll do some research this week - it will provide a welcome distraction!

Bloodybridget Sun 19-Aug-18 19:51:44

Hope you have a brilliant time, Didntwanttochange. I couldn't find my old thread, sorry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: