Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have kids who go to HSOG?

(24 Posts)
susanjc9 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:14:20

We just moved to Glasgow from the states in August. My daughter is in S3 and would love to meet some other parents in the school community. It seems very hard to meet people here, maybe because the kids live all over the city (my daughter has made friends but we haven't met anyone yet).

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 31-Oct-17 23:35:44

When they're in High school they arrange their own social lives so it's very rare to meet a parent outside of dropoffs etc.

if you're looking to meet some people- maybe invest in one of your interests? There's a lot of craft workshops, stitch and bitches, wine/beer/gin clubs, book clubs and sports groups across town.

Whereabouts in Glasgow are you?

ttlshiwwya Wed 01-Nov-17 14:15:51

HSOG has a parent's group which you could join however I'm not sure how active it is. Ex-colleague was a member a few years ago and I remember her going to events with the group.

I’m not a HSOG parent - I never was - but if you are interested in knitting or crochet, I am part of the MN Glasgow knitters - we aren’t a formal group but we do meet up from time to time, for coffee, cake and a chat.

If you’d be interested, I’d be happy to let you know when the next one is - or if you’d like to meet for coffee and a chat sometime, without th knitting bit, and maybe make a new friend, that would be great too.

prettybird Wed 01-Nov-17 14:39:57

We're well overdue a meetup SDTG : we should have one sooner rather than later. smile

Definitely!

Next week, or the week after? And maybe @susanjc9 would like to come.

prettybird Wed 01-Nov-17 20:34:46

susanjc9 - what days of the week are good for you? I can't make Tuesdays.

PoppyPopcorn Wed 01-Nov-17 23:27:52

What what... there is a MN Glasgow knitting group??? Is there an initiation ceremony or can anyone join?

Nyx Thu 02-Nov-17 11:34:49

What Poppy said about the knitting group...!

prettybird Thu 02-Nov-17 16:29:12

Anyone can join smile

We usually do more coffee drinking and cake eating and nattering than knitting/crochet grinbrewcake

Yes - it would be lovely to meet you both!!

How would people feel about meeting at the Tramway, one day next week - Wednesday, perhaps?

prettybird Tue 07-Nov-17 14:12:16

That's the exact day and venue I was suggesting to Gleamingheels this morning, SDTG grin

Great minds, prettybird!

So, how do people feel about a meet up (knitting optional, cake less so), Wednesday the 15th at 10.30, at The Tramway?

Nyx Tue 07-Nov-17 23:09:01

I won't be able to manage a morning meeting on a Wednesday but it's good to know that meet ups where knitting is optional and cake is a necessity do happen! Hope it's a good one grin

We will be there until at least 2pm, @Nyx.

prettybird Wed 08-Nov-17 12:42:47

At least wink

There's some good cake to be had there wink although I can't have any as I'm on the MN HFLC Boot Camp

I may even bring along some tablet as otherwise it is going to go off shock (I'd had to make a batch for my dad and a friend who was going through some problems and have some left over which I am doing well to resist wink)

prettybird Wed 08-Nov-17 18:55:41

When I'm back on a laptop (tomorrow now), I'll post up in Glasgow MN local.

I may be able to have cake, as long as I can get a reasonable guess at the calories, for the fitness app I use. Mmmmmm cake.

weegiemum Wed 08-Nov-17 19:20:54

I should be able to make next Wednesday (though I said I couldn't elsewhere, I know!). Looking forward to it - haven't been knitting very much as I have a different craft project on right now but can eat cake like a pro!

prettybird Sun 12-Nov-17 15:03:47

It would be great to see you weegie smile

susanjc9 Sat 25-Nov-17 09:58:24

I just saw this post - sorry I missed the meeting last week sad

Never mind, @susanjc9 - we can easily do it again, and force ourselves to eat more cake and drink more coffee!

How about some time in early December?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now