Talk

Advanced search

Long shot- anyone know Gorebridge or the area around it?

(10 Posts)
Noofly Thu 12-Oct-17 19:39:51

DS is at a birthday party just outside Gorebridge so I’ll be kicking my heels for three hours! I’ve been trying to see if there’s any nice coffee shops or cafes in the area, or alternatively nice walks. We’re too far away for me to go home in between and I think it’s a bit far to go into Edinburgh and back again?

MoreProseccoNow Thu 12-Oct-17 19:55:50

Maybe Straiton or Fort Kinnaird retail parks? I think the latter is open till 10pm.

Noofly Fri 13-Oct-17 14:42:43

Yeah, I think Straiton might be my best bet. There doesn’t seem to be much in Gorebridge itself. Last time I went to Straiton I got hopelessly lost trying to find my way back to the bypass. Let’s hope I’m a bit more competent this time. grin

Notreallyarsed Fri 13-Oct-17 14:43:45

Straiton or the Fort for coffee. If you’re after a nice walk Vogrie Park is nice.

Noofly Sat 14-Oct-17 14:36:07

Was on my way back to Straiton when I spotted Dobbie’s. Am now sitting in Dobbie’s having lunch. grin

Stressful trip- the M8 ended up shutting due to an accident and we spent 45 minutes with the engine off in a complete stand still!

Notreallyarsed Sat 14-Oct-17 14:45:38

Apparently a caravan hit a barrier on the M8 this morning. I forgot about Dobbies, I used to take my grannie there on Saturday for a cream tea!

Noofly Sat 14-Oct-17 14:48:56

Yep, if we’d been 5 minutes earlier we would have missed it! We were just past the junction 2 exit and it was just past the slip road for traffic joining at junction 2. Big chunk out of the side of the caravan.

Dobbie’s is still full of grannie’s having their cream teas. grin

Notreallyarsed Sat 14-Oct-17 14:51:24

I hope nobody was injured! The M8 is a nightmare road at the best of times though.

Haha, I’m sure it is! It was a regular thing while my grannie was fit enough, the number 29 down to Dobbie’s on a Saturday. Or it may have been the 49, I can’t remember. She loved going there.

birchandrowan Mon 16-Oct-17 14:58:53

Too late for you this time but do you know Dalkeith Country Park?
It's the grounds of Dalkeith Palace, and as well as a children's play area they've converted the old stable buildings into a lovely shop, restaurant and café. Well worth a visit.

Groovee Mon 16-Oct-17 19:55:23

There’s also the Secret Herb garden at Stratton which is lovely x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now