Talk

Advanced search

Exam marking review outcome?

(16 Posts)
3nationsfamily Thu 28-Sep-17 23:18:01

Anyone else waiting for the SQA to come back with the results of a marking review, we were told by the school the results would be back at the end of September ( which is tomorrow!) Has anyone had experience from previous years?

prettybird Fri 29-Sep-17 08:46:46

Ds is also waiting for his Physics Higher re-mark.

He's been very vague but said at the beginning of the week he expected it either at the end of this week or the start of next.

prettybird Fri 29-Sep-17 20:13:46

Ds says he didn't get any news today in fact he'd forgotten about it but says that last year he found out 1st period on the Monday, when he has PSE.

3nationsfamily Fri 29-Sep-17 22:41:36

It is advanced highers we are waiting for so my DD has left school and is on a gap year in the USA so it is me who will have to tell her the news when it comes.

prettybird Sat 30-Sep-17 09:19:56

I hope you get good news for your dd. smile

Ds is pragmatic about whatever the outcome will be because he's doing an Advanced Higher in the subject which should would supercede the Higher result.

SwiftAnchor Sat 30-Sep-17 22:42:43

Hope anyone waiting gets a good outcome smile

DD had her outcome yesterday, she was one mark of a B, but didn't get it sad. Out of 26 kids put forward for a remark only 2 moved up a grade.

3nationsfamily Sun 01-Oct-17 18:43:28

Hoping to hear tomorrow. Apparently the school go at the results on Friday but as we are in Edinburgh they only work a half day and by the time I phoned at 2 the relevant person had gone home! Nothing in the post on Saturday so I will have to phone again on Monday.

That is disappointing news swift, I think it depends on the subject how likely they are to move marks. I am of the opinion that if you don't ask you don't get so it was worth trying. DD was one mark off an A in one of hers and two marks below a C in the other one so no guarantees on either.

3nationsfamily Mon 02-Oct-17 13:02:20

So, got the results back this morning and no movement on either subject. Disappointed for her but it was worth a try,

WaxOnFeckOff Mon 02-Oct-17 13:12:46

It would have been nice to have had the opportunity to try - our complaint against the council is currently being investigated by the council...

Sorry to hear of all the disappointments though, hope it doesn't affect anyones applications etc too much. sad

prettybird Mon 02-Oct-17 13:25:04

Ditto for ds. sad

Which begs the question about the disjoint between what the teacher thinks the SQA is looking for out of the assignment and what the SQA is actually looking for out of the assignment confused

Although ds tells me that apparently her assessment of the AH assignments (those that were handed in on time so that she got a chance to look at them) was spot on.

The positive is that he seems to be pragmatic about it. He's well into his AH now and that is his focus smile. dh on the other hand..... hmm

WaxOnFeckOff Mon 02-Oct-17 13:55:21

Im the same with physics pb. Ds got even less than your DS did on his assignment. Clearly it wasnt the whole story but he got 18 out of 20 I think for his nat 5 assignment and I think 7 out if 20 for his higher one. He was predicted an A got one point above a C.

And they predicted someone who got 98% in Nat 5 maths, a lower B at Higher and didn't think that was a problem that should be raised?

Still raging....

WaxOnFeckOff Mon 02-Oct-17 13:55:57

Sorry to hear he didn't manage to raise his mark though.

SwiftAnchor Mon 02-Oct-17 18:46:27

Pretty disappointing all round then sad

Groovee Fri 06-Oct-17 21:28:59

My niece was denied both of hers.

dotdotdotmustdash Sun 08-Oct-17 23:59:03

The school I work in sent in 55 reviews and only had a change in 5 of them.

Mistressiggi Tue 10-Oct-17 22:35:47

I have heard that if you're just one mark off a higher grade you're unlikely to get more at a remark - if the marker could have found that extra mark first time round they would have. Don't know if that's true, but I can see the sense in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now