Talk

Advanced search

What nursery do Sciennes School parents use?

(7 Posts)
Lesley1980 Mon 15-May-17 23:22:38

I need to register my 2 year old for nursery but Im not from the area & I'm struggling with my options. I need to get my eldest to Sciennes & my youngest to nursery at roughly the same time & there doesn't seem to be any nurseries close enough. I would prefer a council nursery but would consider private. We live near Kings Buildings & I'm assuming I'll need to walk due to the car exclusion zone around the school? My husband can't take one & we have no family support so it's just me.

Groovee Tue 16-May-17 10:19:02

St Leonard's was one that the children in our private nursery moved on to before Sciennes.

sleepyfergus Tue 16-May-17 13:51:45

There is a private nursery at Kings Building called Arcadia which looks amazing www.arcadianursery.co.uk/about-arcadia/find-us/

You can get a no 42 bus from KB to Sciennes which would need minimal walking, you might be better looking for a nursery near the school although I think you're prob looking at private rather than council nurseries. Stepping Stones are a nursery located nearby, over 2 locations dependant on age. For your 2yo the location is on Millerfield Place which is very close to school, then when they turn 3, they go to Chalmers Crescent which is a few more streets away but in close vincinity of the school. www.steppingstones-nursery.com/#page2

Lesley1980 Tue 16-May-17 22:22:40

I've looked at Arcadia but they don't accept part time kids. They wouldn't even put her on the waiting list.

Thanks for your help. I'll look at stepping stones & St Leonards. It just seems so hard with no cars allowed near the school & no school nursery.

auchinlay Wed 17-May-17 13:18:33

If you're looking at council nurseries, some of the children in Sciennes catchment go to the nursery at James Gillespie's school. It's a short walk from Sciennes and a really nice nursery. There's parking around there, but you have to pay (or park 10 mins walk south of there where unrestricted parking begins).

HJBeans Sat 27-May-17 20:36:40

Kidzcare on Kilgraston Road or on Astlie Ainsley grounds a few blocks away could both be on your walk from KB to sciennes and my friend raves about them.

sleepyfergus Sat 27-May-17 22:24:29

My kids have been and currently are at Kidzcare on Kilgraston Road and it is fab. Quite a walk from KB to Sciennes though everyday....it's not a huge distance but would take a while with a toddler in tow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now