Hotel for a weekend break?

(12 Posts)
Groovester Thu 20-Apr-17 11:02:19

As the title says really. Wanting to book a couple of nights away for my husband and I sans kids in July. Looking for something rural with room service. That's about the extent of my demands. We are in Fife so pretty central really. Been looking at lots online but personal recommendations would be most welcome!

StrongerSingle Thu 20-Apr-17 17:50:21

I was going to suggest the Crinan Hotel but that may be too far for you. It is in such a beautiful spot though smile

Groovester Thu 20-Apr-17 19:03:54

Looks beautiful. Might be a tad too far though. Thanks for the suggestion!

BaffledMummy Thu 20-Apr-17 19:03:54

How about Windlestaw just outside Peebles...the chef is one of the owners and the food is amazing...not sure if room service but I'm sure they would if you asked but it is such a cosy dining room you'd have privacy. Went with DH last year and we are planning to return!

Groovester Thu 20-Apr-17 19:04:20

Goes to Google...

Groovester Thu 20-Apr-17 19:06:17

Wow, now that looks very appealing!

Igneococcus Thu 20-Apr-17 19:09:52

Ardanaiseig Hotel at Loch Awe in Kilchrennan is rural and I'd be surprised if they don't do room service.

MoreProseccoNow Thu 20-Apr-17 20:16:51

I've been coveting Fonab, just outside Pitlochry. Or Archerfield. Haven't tried Cameron House. Or there's always Gleneagles (although I find it soulless) - the spa is amazing.

MoreProseccoNow Thu 20-Apr-17 20:17:25

Forgot Monachyle Mhor!

celtiethree Thu 20-Apr-17 20:20:34

I was going to say Monachyle Mhor as well. I haven't stayed but its on my wish list.

cdtaylornats Thu 20-Apr-17 21:09:36

www.highgrovehouse.co.uk/ Highgrove on top of a hill in Ayrshire

www.lochgreenhouse.com/ Lochgreen in Troon

Groovester Thu 20-Apr-17 21:31:28

Thank you everyone. Will be sure to look all of these up. Really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now