Talk

Advanced search

glasgow 2018

(15 Posts)
TinfoilHattie Tue 28-Mar-17 22:20:55

Volunteer applications open - anyone applying?

AmIthatbloodycold Wed 29-Mar-17 00:35:22

Me!!! They've had over 2,000 already

TinfoilHattie Wed 29-Mar-17 07:16:31

Have applied too - fingers crossed. Had a really good time as a Clydesider during the Commonwealth Games, I was on the media team sorting out the press for the post-match interviews. Also did a shift on the communications team and it was AWFUL - had to sit in an office for 8 hours writing down everything which was said over radios. Never been so bored in my life and was so grateful for my normal role after that experience!

RJnomore1 Wed 29-Mar-17 07:17:11

What's happening in 2018?

dancemom Wed 29-Mar-17 07:18:28

I won tickets to one of the swimming events 🏊🏽

TinfoilHattie Wed 29-Mar-17 07:21:37

www.glasgow2018.com/

Big European sporting event. Not just Glasgow - diving in Edinburgh and golf at Gleneagles too.

RJnomore1 Wed 29-Mar-17 09:04:08

This has completely bypassed me!

Iamtheresurrection Wed 29-Mar-17 17:00:08

I was also unaware of this until a colleague mentioned it today. Has it been widely publicised outside of Glasgow?

TinfoilHattie Wed 29-Mar-17 17:12:55

I think it's fallen iff the radar as there are so many other things going on - Brexit, Indyref, sporting doping scandals, Olympics last year, Aussie commonwealth games next year. I definitely had emails about it but that may be because of volunteering at 2014 - I get stuff through about other opportunities every now and again.

Had an email today confirming receipt of application - have to wait to August to hear whether I've been successful.

Ihateandysdinosauradventures Wed 29-Mar-17 17:14:23

Ooooo wonder if I could apply as a student nurse. They must want first aid folk

TinfoilHattie Wed 29-Mar-17 17:18:21

There wasn't a specific "medical" category as there was for Commonwealth, but part of the form asked for first aid skills. Spectator Services are always looking for first aiders in venues.

AmIthatbloodycold Wed 29-Mar-17 22:04:50

If you're on FB, we've a dedicated group set up now

It does seem to have been well publicised in volunteering circles, plus the big launch the other day, featuring one of my friends 😄

trixymalixy Thu 30-Mar-17 11:17:12

<<waves at amithat>>

I'm going to volunteer. Don't think I stand much chance given how much experience some of the people in the volunteering FB group have, but I'll give it a go!

Is there a deadline for applying? I had a quick look but didn't see one.

Ihateandysdinosauradventures Thu 30-Mar-17 15:19:41

Can you link me the Fb page please

AmIthatbloodycold Thu 30-Mar-17 19:26:11

Brilliant Trixi , you'd be fab. Do you want me to add you to FB group?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now