Talk

Advanced search

New slogan for no to Indyref 2 has to be...

(15 Posts)
dementedma Tue 28-Mar-17 18:55:16

SIT DOWN NICOLA!
(and shut the fuck up) grin

sugarmonster64 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:59:02

gringringrin
I think Ruth Davidson is great

NoLotteryWinYet Tue 28-Mar-17 20:38:25

yes, she's got my vote, she can out argue NS time and time again.

AmIthatbloodycold Tue 28-Mar-17 22:08:57

gringrin

TinfoilHattie Tue 28-Mar-17 22:14:47

Totally love Ruth Davidson. She takes no shite off Nicola and the rest of them.

TiggyD Tue 28-Mar-17 22:22:37

I want the question to be "Do you want to stay a part of the UK?"

Purely because it will be funny because lots of people who want to leave got "Yes" tattoos for the first one.

NoLotteryWinYet Tue 28-Mar-17 22:36:37

We can then be yes2 smile

UpAwfYerSeatWeeNippy Wed 29-Mar-17 10:57:17

SIT DOWN NICOLA
(and shut the fuck up) grin

This

purits Wed 29-Mar-17 10:58:49

Can we make it Stand down, Nicola ?

MorrisZapp Wed 29-Mar-17 11:00:16

smile

I'm a Scottish remainer.

AgentCooper Wed 29-Mar-17 11:01:33

I don't know, I was (and will probably stay) a No voter but women are always being told to sit down and shut up so that remark from RD left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

UpAwfYerSeatWeeNippy Wed 29-Mar-17 11:19:31

Actually IKWYM it did for me too, but then I thought about it. I did not see how it was in any way aimed at her because she is a woman. I rewinded it on the telly just to check, because I was shocked myself. When I watched it Nikki kept standing up and kind of waving her finger while she was speaking. I think it would have annoyed me too. I wished for a while that she had bit her tongue and been more polite, but there is a certain injustice that I feel should be noted by everyone (not just no voters) with Nicolas disrespect for democracy and the will of the scottish parliment in the past. Niel findlay called her out on it the other day and I feel it really is very important to note.
That sort of thing gets right up my nose and so I can't blame other politicians for being tremendously upset about having to deal with her. She undermines not only the country, but democracy itself.

NoLotteryWinYet Wed 29-Mar-17 11:49:48

I agree with Up, if Nicola was an elegant mannered politician herself I'd be a bit meh about the patronizing tone, but that's exactly the same patronizing tone NS takes (i.e. with her supporters being 'bombarded with statistics') and NS's generally dismissive debating style. Fire with fire.

NoLotteryWinYet Wed 29-Mar-17 11:51:19

i'm saying really we have to beat the SNP at their own game, RD seems to be able to do that. It's unfortunate but you need someone scrappy to take Sturgeon on properly. It's all very well taking the moral high ground but if no-one is listening as they're all on twitter having a slanging match, it's not an effective tactic.

UpAwfYerSeatWeeNippy Wed 29-Mar-17 11:51:56

I absolutely detest her finger waving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now