Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Pitlochry...

(9 Posts)
LadyMacDonna Fri 17-Feb-17 19:12:33

Visiting tomorrow with friends. Both we and they have a 1yo.

Any suggestions for what to do / avoid? Up for moderate walking with prams but probably not massive hikes. We like animals, good coffee, nature, anything kid-friendly that's not actively unpleasant for adults.

Would prefer to avoid stuff we could do anywhere, iyswim - like soft play or something like that. Unless it's a particularly awesome one...

AnnaBegins Fri 17-Feb-17 19:26:57

Was gonna suggest the distillery tour but maybe not with 1 yr olds! I think there's a lovely rspb nature reserve near there but not certain of details.

Nomoocluck Fri 17-Feb-17 19:28:03

I remember a salmon ladder thing nearby but likely the wrong season for it.

Nomoocluck Fri 17-Feb-17 19:29:43

www.pitlochry-scotland.co.uk/what-to-do/walks/pitlochry-dam-and-fish-ladder/

LallybrochLass Fri 17-Feb-17 19:31:27

Go to Hettie's Tea Room - lovely cakes!

DanyellasDonkey Fri 17-Feb-17 21:42:20

I wouldn't say there's a lot to do with little ones. I remember being taken to the salmon ladder when I was little and thinking it was the most boring thing I'd ever visited. Sorry that isn't very helpful~!

SteamPudding Sat 18-Feb-17 00:20:48

Faskally Wood should be quite accessible with prams/pushchairs and relatively flat for toddlers. In the town itself there is a park at the recreation ground across the river from the theatre. You can cross the river via the 'swing bridge' towards the dam and fish ladder where there seems to be a new visitor centre that opened just this week! www.perthcity.co.uk/pitlochry-dam-visitor-centre/

LadyMacDonna Sat 18-Feb-17 18:36:39

We did Hetties's. Thanks for the tip!

LallybrochLass Sun 19-Feb-17 09:36:37

You're welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now