Talk

Advanced search

UCAS deadline passed, now what?

(6 Posts)
FlippingBottleFlippers Thu 26-Jan-17 20:16:53

DS submitted his application before Xmas and has heard from 2 already but not his first choice. He tells me nothing unless I drag it out of him so have no idea what we should be doing. Do we wait it out until he has heard from all his applications or what? I thought I'd read somewhere about a deadline and I'd hate for him to miss out because he's waiting for the first choice.

HamletsSister Thu 26-Jan-17 20:20:00

No worries yet. DS applied in September and has heard from 3 but 2 (Edinburgh and St Andrews) are notorious at waiting a long time for Scots. Also (teacher in Scotland) many of my pupils have only heard from 1 or 2 places.

They have to let him know by, I think, end of March. He has to decide on 1st / 2nd by some time in May.

MrsJayy Thu 26-Jan-17 20:29:59

I wouldn't worry yet you have till march to hear Dd just did hers last week think last date was 15th of January

FlippingBottleFlippers Thu 26-Jan-17 20:32:36

Thanks, guess I can stop worrying for a while!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 26-Jan-17 20:35:27

It can take months to get responses, so don't panic.

LIZS Thu 26-Jan-17 20:36:09

The deadline to confirm Firm choice and Insurance is early May. Collect the offers until then and review. Some unis will invite applicants to Offer Holder days and tasters.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: