Talk

Advanced search

Wedding venues with late licence in Scotland

(5 Posts)
user1484772079 Fri 20-Jan-17 16:10:45

Not sure if posting in right place but couldn't find a wedding thread.
Hoping to try and strike lucky here and that I'm not being cheeky in asking.

I've been searching for wedding venues in Scotland. One issue is finding somewhere that will allow us to carry on the party till the wee hours and not ask us to turn the music down too early for our liking…Being within an hour of an airport would be great for those travelling from afar but this is not a deal breaker. Has anyone been to or had a wedding that was a bit rustic (read castle/barn/farm,/highlands/West/East coast), held at least 70 guests with room for a ceilidh/band and included outside space? The time of year is not too important, we are not too worried about the usual wedding conventions (will work the day however we can) and are thinking more about the two families getting together and everyone having a nice family orientated celebration with hearty food, good dancing/music and some good friends added to the mix.
It is possible we are being quite picky but we have yet to find some where that fits the bill!

TIA smile

cdtaylornats Sat 21-Jan-17 13:47:20

Lochgreen House in Troon - in 30 acres of grounds, two rooms that could hold 70 and a weddings open day SUNDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2017. 12 noon - 4pm

Highgrove House - sits on top of a hill on its own, can take 120

Both can be found at www.costley-hotels.co.uk/

user1484772079 Sat 21-Jan-17 21:01:03

Thank you cdtaylornats. I will have a look.

Almostfifty Mon 23-Jan-17 18:07:34

The Culag is good, I went to a fabulous wedding there last year.

There's other similar places on Loch Lomond, which is only half an hour away from Glasgow Airport.

user1484772079 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:04:58

Thanks. That one must be good, sold out for 2017 and 18!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now