Talk

Advanced search

Renfrewshire recommendations?

(4 Posts)
Horispondle Sun 15-Jan-17 23:04:30

Can anyone help me pick where to live?! DH starting a job near Glasgow Airport. We have connections in Inchinnan and I lived briefly in Bishopton as a child so Bishopton seeming the obvious choice. Possibly the new Dargavel Village - but I have concerns that the school, nursery and facilities would be overwhelmed with all the new houses being built-I wonder if anyone knows anything about that?
Or if you're from Renfrewshire/know the area where else would you recommend? I have a 6yo and a 2yo so school and nursery my main priority! Budget around £250-£280k

MoreProseccoNow Mon 16-Jan-17 11:11:26

I have friends in Houston who are happy there; Bridge of Weir, Kilbarchan & Quarrier's Village are also nice. Kilmalcolm & Lochwinnoch are a bit further out but worry considering.

Horispondle Mon 16-Jan-17 22:50:18

Fab thank you* prosecco*! I hadn't heard of some of those places and have spent the day searching on zoopla and found some contenders. All I care about is a good school and nursery but DH seems to have unrealistically high standards when it comes to property and I can see us having some raging heated debates....

Euphemia Wed 18-Jan-17 18:48:26

We used to live in Houston, DD went to Houston Primary School and it was fantastic. Bridge of Weir is also lovely, great primary school too. Both feed into Gryffe High School in Houston which gets a good reputation.

Bishopton Primary School is very good, but I don't think its local high school is quite as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now