Talk

Advanced search

Question for any who works in a school

(11 Posts)
seb1 Tue 03-Jan-17 16:53:46

Do classroom assistants/pupil support assistants work on in-service days?

justaweeone Tue 03-Jan-17 17:02:49

Depends on your contract
I.e. Term time plus one week you would have to work insets

TheTroubleWithAngels Tue 03-Jan-17 17:04:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noschooll4mee Tue 03-Jan-17 23:28:41

Yes , in our local authority they definitely do and always have .

Ohyesiam Tue 03-Jan-17 23:40:07

Not in the comp my oh works in.

Groovee Wed 04-Jan-17 06:14:29

In our school yes. They are often outside trainings to go to or staff development in school. Nursery staff may join up with the cluster staff for trainings.

Lidlfix Wed 04-Jan-17 09:00:55

In my LA permanent staff do - supply are not obliged too. If the training being delivered is essential for their role they might be asked to come in.

As ever it is weighted in favour of the employer- if they are penny pinching or trying to break continuous service- you won't be deemed as essentially requiring the training. But, if they are on the run up to HMIE or QIOs coming in ...

hidingwithwine Wed 04-Jan-17 17:55:52

Yes my PSA's work inset days too, although they work whatever hours they usually do so FT staff are there all day and those who work say 10-2 just do those hours. As SFL teacher I am responsible for providing training/timetabling inset days for them.

Euphemia Wed 04-Jan-17 21:48:08

In my area they do. They usually have courses of some type to attend.

dotdotdotmustdash Thu 05-Jan-17 10:41:22

I'm currently on a temp contract so I work inset days, when I've previously been on supply terms I generally don't. Sometimes, if my Manager is willing to pay, I have been asked to attend, particularly if it's a long-term supply post.

DanyellasDonkey Fri 06-Jan-17 13:58:14

Ours do but they usually try to work all their hours on one day and have the other day off, rather than coming in on both days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now