Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

East dunbartonshire schools

(3 Posts)
afterthis Sun 18-Dec-16 09:01:45

Thinking of moving. Currently have toddler DD, wouldn't like her to go to our local school & have been looking at east dunbartonshire. Any experience of westerton or bearsden primary school?

LunaLoveg00d Mon 19-Dec-16 08:15:09

East Dunbartonshire schools are excellent in the main part. I have several friends with children at Bearsden Primary and they love it. The building is fairly old and the playground is rubbish, but the have a new Head teacher and the school is transforming from a bad HMIE report 18 months ago.

I don't know as much about Westerton but haven't heard anything bad about it.

One thing to consider - and I know it's still a long way off - is secondary education. Bearsden PS feeds into Bearsden Academy, Westerton feeds into Boclair. Both are good, but if you go on purely exam results, Bearsden Academy does better. If you buy in the Westerton catchment area and later on decide you'd prefer Bearsden Academy, it would have to be a placement request and you'd probably not get it - the Academy is chockablock with kids.

Other very good primary schools in the Bearsden area are Baljaffray and Mosshead Primaries, both of which are part of the Bearsden Academy cluster.

cheeseandcrackers77 Tue 20-Dec-16 12:36:29

Baljaffray is very good as is Bearsden Primary but as PP said the playground is not great as well as parking if you drive the kids to school. Bearsden Academy is great and just the other week was awarded top state school in Scotland (as per the Sunday Times).
Not sure about other schools in ED but I know Lenzie Academy has a good reputation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now