Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for a family friendly weekend away in a hotel

(15 Posts)
Snappyteabread Wed 07-Dec-16 22:58:21

Anyone got ideas? Looking for somewhere Nice to go that she not too far, so can get to by far in less than three or four hours from west coast. Have two under seven. Have done York and Crieff Hydro. Looking for somewhere with plenty to do but not super busy. Suggestions?

nut3lla Wed 07-Dec-16 23:09:04

Auchrannie - Arran. Not cheap but best family friendly hotel we've been to by far. Amazing food. Soft play areas right in restaurant so you can relax & enjoy eating. Lovely pool. Childrens soft play centre. Lots of lovely outdoors things to do. If you wanted to cut costs you could go as foot passengers on ferry & the hotel will pick you up. Been 3 times & it's now one of our fav places.

Snappyteabread Wed 07-Dec-16 23:10:06

Yes, I was meaning to take a look. Off to Google it! Thank you

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 08-Dec-16 00:46:17

We go to Portavadie on Loch Fyne. Amazing walks, beaches etc. Blinking freezing at this time of the year though! You don't mind so much when you're in the outdoor heated swimming pool...

It's a bit off the beaten track so not as busy as the better known places. Gorgeous though.

AgentProvocateur Thu 08-Dec-16 01:45:24

I was going to suggest auchrannie and portavadie! Great minds etc...wink

OllyBJolly Thu 08-Dec-16 13:33:28

Auchrannie is great - but I'm a bit biased as I love Arran. Not been to Portavadie since the resort opened. I've heard Peebles Hydro has really improved since Crieff Hydro took it over.

We had a great weekend at Coylumbridge. We had a brilliant day out at Landmark despite rain, and a lovely sunny afternoon paddling in Loch Morlich. We also did the mountain railway which the train mad 3 year old loved. The hotel itself had a great soft play and outdoor playground as well as two indoor pools.

MrsAmaretto Thu 08-Dec-16 15:54:59

What about Dundee? Apex City Quay hotel is very family friendly and the city has a lot of things for families too

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 08-Dec-16 16:14:47

Another vote for coylumbridge, it was my DSs favourite hotel ever. Also love the auchrannie.there's also one up the west coast near fort William that has decent family rooms and a pool but the name escapes me.

Superjaggy Thu 08-Dec-16 21:24:34

Is it the Lodge on the Loch, Wankers? I used to take the kids there when they were little, it had a nice pool and the rooms had bunk beds in an alcove off the main room area. That was about 10 years ago though.

hilbil21 Thu 08-Dec-16 21:27:20

I think portavadie maybe a bit boring with two under 7. It is lovely though.

readyforno2 Thu 08-Dec-16 21:29:28

I came on to say Coylumbridge too! It's really lovely

Redglitter Thu 08-Dec-16 21:33:06

For a family break I'd highly recommend Crieff Hydro. Absolutely loads for kids to do with or without parents.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 08-Dec-16 23:58:11

Superjaggy yes! Lodge on the Loch.

Snappyteabread Sun 11-Dec-16 21:34:00

Thank you for your suggestions. We've been to Crieff Hydro so keen to run try somewhere else. Will google suggestions and most importantly look at the dates we might be able to go and work out how much it will cost. I remember Crieff Hydro weekend ended up being very expensive but was great, so need To work out how much we want t spend.

CatsRule Tue 03-Jan-17 09:51:04

The Barony Castle hotel just outside Peebles is nice, we've just been there again recently.

They have a pool/jaccuzi/sauna/gym...ds loves the pool. There is also a beauty therapist too. We normally eat in the bar as ds's table manners...blush The grounds are nice too for a walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now