We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

October break with dug in Edinburgh

(8 Posts)
LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sat 15-Oct-16 00:01:33

So we got a dog two months ago, DH only just managed to wrangle a couple of days off, and we can't find anywhere to go away to! I guess everyone else is much more organised...

We live in the west of the city. We're good for daily walks where we live,, but where's good for October break day trips?

Groovee Sat 15-Oct-16 12:26:28

Blair Atholl?

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 15-Oct-16 13:30:10

With kids and dog? Day trips? What age are the children (if any)? I suppose it depends on the weather, but dogs always like a run on a beach. Plenty of options I would say from Portobello down the East coast, or over to Aberdour or St Andrews?

The David Marshall lodge at Aberfoyle?

Down to the Borders, Peebles or something?

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 15-Oct-16 13:31:05

Our dogs used to like a swim and run about down at Craiglockhart sports centre.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sat 15-Oct-16 14:08:46

DS is 11. Peebles is a good idea. Haven't been to Aberfoyle since I was wee!

WankersHacksandThieves Sat 15-Oct-16 14:15:17

DS might like the mountain biking at Cardrona? And ice-cream at Caldwells in Innerleithen. Whistle Stop cafe is nice too but not sure if it's dog friendly or not.

Aberfoyle has Go Ape but think an adult would have to be up for it too as he wouldn't be allowed on his own. Also Loch Katrine if you are up that way and then back through Callender for Fish and chips or hold on and go to the Allan Water Cafe in Bridge of Allan for Fish tea and ice cream.

LAmusic Sat 15-Oct-16 14:26:02

Crieff Hydro?

goodapple Sat 15-Oct-16 20:09:14

East Lothian? Walk from Gullane or Yellowcraigs to North Berwick down the coast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now