Talk

Advanced search

romantic break

(11 Posts)
terafinto Thu 06-Oct-16 12:03:53

Can anyone recommend somewhere special for a romantic break in Scotland? Dh and I have had a rough year, but now with a tax refund we are planning to treat ourselves to a couple of nights away. Nothing too high end, I am thinking of a hotel with a beautiful lake view not too far from the central belt. I've just spent an hour googling but I am getting nowhere. Has anyone out there any suggestions?!

user1471445490 Thu 06-Oct-16 12:05:07

Kenmore hotel is lovely not too far from central belt

OllyBJolly Thu 06-Oct-16 13:14:15

Lake of Menteith Hotel or Forest Hills near Aberfoyle?

Lodge on Loch Lomond is good too although very busy with weddings.

Noofly Thu 06-Oct-16 18:49:16

DH and I had a couple of nights at the Four Seasons Hotel at Loch Earn (St Fillans) a few weeks ago. It's more of a quirky old hotel and could do with some upgrading - not a luxury hotel - but the setting is fantastic! This was the view from our window.

The main restaurant was very good, if a bit expensive. The casual restaurant was just about acceptable for dinner but fine for lunch. If you like to walk, there are really nice walks right from the back of the hotel.

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Thu 06-Oct-16 18:56:24

Auchrannie Resort on Arran is lovely. There's sometimes Groupon deals too

terafinto Fri 07-Oct-16 07:01:42

Thanks everyone I will have a look at those. We have stayed in the lake of menteith before and loved it!

baffledmummy Tue 11-Oct-16 08:35:41

Two places I'd recommend - firstly - we stayed at the Windlestaw Lodge near Peebles last year - lovely accommodation and food was AMAZING. The other place I'd recommend is the Peat Inn near St Andrews...we opted for the luxury break which included dinner from the 6 course tasting menu in the attached Michelin starred restaurant. Both were just lovely and very easy journey from Central Belt. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Enjoy!!

SauvignonPlonker Wed 12-Oct-16 14:02:55

There's a good deal on Fonab on myhotelbreak.com. Never been before but it looks lovely. They also have deals on Mar Hall, Trump (if you can stomach lining Donald Trump's pockets!) etc

Wetcappuccino Wed 12-Oct-16 14:09:31

Portavadie?

wishiwasacollie Wed 12-Oct-16 14:11:03

Hotel on loch awe voted most romantic

terafinto Wed 12-Oct-16 16:20:59

Thanks everyone, that will keep us busy for a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now