Talk

Advanced search

Possible interview questions

(9 Posts)
DanyellasDonkey Thu 08-Sep-16 22:10:28

Help needed please. I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a middle stages primary teaching job.

Any ideas of questions I am likely to be asked?

Thanks

Lidlfix Fri 09-Sep-16 16:17:51

How CFE is evident in your classroom was popular for a while? Closing attainment gap is high profile at present. Difficult class or reluctant learner question. What would you contribute to the whole school? What makes an excellent teacher of... Describe a lesson that didn't go according to plan, how you dealt with it and your reflection on it. If I observed you teaching how would I know that you had created an inclusive environment?

Trying to remember I was mentoring a probationer last year and the local authority Education Officer had prepared a list of commonly used interview questions .

Hope these give you a starting point. Good luck

Euphemia Fri 09-Sep-16 17:48:15

Have a good read of the Education Scotland CfE webpages.

TheTroubleWithAngels Fri 09-Sep-16 21:02:16

YY to closing the attainment gap. GIRFEC will most definitely be in there, might be disguised as something else.

Lots of skills and qualities, lots of examples.

Steppenwolfe Sat 10-Sep-16 17:57:31

This question is often asked on fb teaching groups .. have a wee look there

Superjaggy Sun 11-Sep-16 17:50:59

Also make sure that you have a good example for each of the key skills you might want to speak about - e.g. how you ensure pace and challenge, or that every child is included; how you work with other professionals within and outwith your school - school nurse, ed psych, SALT etc; how you track attainment; how you take learning outdoors.

Good luck!

DanyellasDonkey Mon 12-Sep-16 18:23:41

Thanks for all the ideas. I''m currently in a job-share I hate so really hoping I get this job!!

Salmotrutta Tue 13-Sep-16 22:58:34

Absolutely agree with the closing the attainment gap idea.

That's got to be a hot topic!

I'm secondary and in the past I've had questions on barriers to learning, GIRFEC, measuring attainment, accountability, skills and abilities, development work, whole school roles.

I always used examples where possible and used "STAR" (where appropriate) to frame answers - e.g. Situation (challenging behaviour) Target (reducing challenging behaviour!) Action (how I went about it) and Result (what the outcome was) - STAR. It helps you structure your answer to "scenario" questions.

Good luck!

DanyellasDonkey Sun 25-Sep-16 14:38:34

Thanks for all your help and advice. I didn't get the job in spite of doing a good interview, It went to somebody who had worked at the school previously.

Don't know why I bothered angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now