Talk

Advanced search

Duinrell, Netherlands, from Scotland

(6 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Mon 05-Sep-16 22:27:58

Hi, I'm thinking of booking a weeks holiday at the Duinrell park in the Netherlands for Summer 2017. I'm Not sure whether to fly from Aberdeen or Edinburgh, or drive to Newcastle and get the ferry. Any advice?

It's self catering and I'm worried we won't have enough room in a couple of suitcases for towels etc.

BusStopBetty Mon 05-Sep-16 22:33:33

If you book direct you get bedding provided and can hire towels quite cheaply. www.duinrell.com/holidaypark/duingalows/price-info

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 06-Sep-16 16:39:05

We went via the ferry from Hull. It was lovely smile We went a day trip to Amsterdam on the train and it passes through the airport so it would be easy enough to get the train to Leiden and taxi or bus from there. The bus stop was a fair way from the camp and it was fine to walk to for a day out but I'm not sure I'd fancy it trailing my luggage so I'd probably budget for a taxi.

pollyblack Sun 11-Sep-16 16:36:16

Get the ferry, its great fun and adds to the holiday. We've done it twice, also nice to have your own car so you can take loads of stuff

aprilanne Sun 11-Sep-16 16:41:49

its a great camp for children .we went on ferry from newcastle .to be honest by the time you have had your tea then say went to on board cinema its time for bed you dont get bored .you can get games and things in your own car as well we always had our car packed maybe a bit to much sometimes .you can hire linen so its fine .its only about 1 hr from amsterdam ferry port

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 11-Sep-16 16:54:51

they are doing flights to Schipol from Dundee International Airport now...very cheap!

don't know about the luggage issue mind you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now