Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Dunblane

(15 Posts)
Fe24 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:09:44

Hi ladies, we're currently living in Dubai but leaving in October to come back to Scotland. We have a 2yr old and 4yr old. Our families are all over the place and my husband will be travelling allot so we've picked Dunblane because it's central. We spent a week in Doune in July and had a good look around but I'm looking for some inside Info grin. we've been looking at menteith view, Kellie wynd and mackenzie court. I could be opening up a can of worms but does anyone have any good or bad info about these areas? Is everyone happy with both Dunblane primary and newton? All advice welcome. Thank you

LizzieMacQueen Wed 31-Aug-16 09:28:39

No bad info at all about any of those three but they are all quite far from the centre. Kellie Wynd in particular. They are walkable distance to their nearest primary schools but apart from that you would need a car.

At High School level the public transport is really shocking. Lots of kids walk but currently parts of Kellie Wynd (maybe the high up parts of Menteith View too) are entitled to free transport. That is set as 2 miles from school but I think that'll change before too long.

If I wanted a new-ish build in Dunblane I would wait for a house in Ledcameroch to come up for sale. IMO that development is nicely placed for all amenities.

Housing developers are always looking to build more - I can't remember all the details but you can find more here link.

celtiethree Wed 31-Aug-16 18:28:33

Do you have a preference for which primary school that may be the main consideration. Other than that your choices are all much the same, as Lizzie said the other consideration is distance into town and commute to HS if you plan to be in Dunblane for secondary education,

WankersHacksandThieves Wed 31-Aug-16 22:52:19

I'd be surprised if people in Kellie Wynd or Menteith view are entitled to school transport. I don't live in Dunblane but DSs friend in Ramsay drive wasn't entitled to transport to High SChool and neither was a friend in Bellenden.

I have friends in Mackenzie court, they seem to like it.

Fe24 Thu 01-Sep-16 05:01:37

Thank you for your responses, they're really helpful. There has been one house in ledcameroch since we've been looking but it sold very quickly, we liked the area. We've not got a preference for primary, we've spoke to parents at both and they're all happy. There seems to be more houses available near newton. If anyone hears of any 4 beds coming on the market let me know wink

Fe24 Thu 01-Sep-16 05:55:51

We're not necessarily looking for a new development but I think it's all we can afford. We like smithy loan and ramoyle area but weve seen a couple and they weren't kiddy friendly x

StrongerSingle Sun 25-Sep-16 09:21:24

Hi Fe24, I'm in Dunblane and moved house just last year so I now what the market is like.
If you are looking for something decent, with 3 or 4 beds, you could be looking a while.
We rented in Mentieth View when we first came here, years ago, and they are lovely big houses. Not sure why someone previously said you'd need a car. It's definitely walkable to town/school's.
Ramsay drive is a tiny bit further out, and they are about 16yrs old now. They look nice but the rooms are small. Kelly Wind is close to Ramsay Drive and all the houses are bigger, mainly 4 or 5 bedrooms.

When I moved last year, I looked around Ramoyle but many of the houses are very small. Smithy Loan is lovely, and of course the tiny Primary School, St Mary's is on the doorstep.

Let me know if I can help smile

StrongerSingle Sun 25-Sep-16 09:22:07

Aargh!
"So I know what the market is like"!!

Fe24 Sun 25-Sep-16 10:29:27

Thank you! My husband will be working from home so we definitely need a 4 bed but can't pay some of the crazy prices around! We've looked at a few in menteith view and Kellie wynd but they all need work done, like new windows, and they have small or hilly gardens. I think we will have to rent for a while. Does anyone know kippendavie mains? Thanks again for all the advice x

StrongerSingle Sun 25-Sep-16 10:36:25

Kippendavie Mains are the steadings, or converted farm buildings. They are pretty and lovely views of fields behind them.

Another tip .. get in touch with Marcus who owns Cathedral City Estates in Dunblane. He is really helpful and will look out for a property for you whether renting or buying. I wouldn't have the house I have now if it wasn't for him. He got me a viewing before it went to market and I did a deal with vendors.

Fe24 Sun 25-Sep-16 10:58:21

Brilliant thanks! X

Lidlfix Mon 26-Sep-16 19:49:32

One in Menteith View just listed with Rightmove today. Looks like they've been clever with outdoor space.

Fe24 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:18:25

I can't see a new menteith view! Do you know who it is listed with?

Lidlfix Wed 28-Sep-16 20:09:58

My mistake got my M's mixed up it's Montrose View that's new to the market with Rightmove. Sorry.

Fe24 Mon 03-Oct-16 13:18:05

No probs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now