Talk

Advanced search

Camping / Coast ( north of St Andrews ) ?

(14 Posts)
VoyageOfDad Tue 07-Jun-16 08:37:13

I'm visiting relatives in St Andrews with dd (7) this summer and was thinking of going on a mini adventure with dd.

Any suggestions ? We both love exploring the shore, I was thinking possibly introducing her to camping.

Any magical quiet places within a hundred or so miles of St Andrews ?

Lidlfix Tue 07-Jun-16 21:31:38

Posted this on another thread recently but Nydie Farm just outside Strathkinnes is lovely. You can go as basic (tent only) or hook up or glamp it up in the lovely wood wams. So close to many fun attractions for a 7 year old and long summer evenings with a fire pit over looking the bay. Many happy times there smile

VoyageOfDad Tue 07-Jun-16 22:16:59

Thank you smile

Wyldfyre Wed 08-Jun-16 18:42:15

Second for Nydie here. The Tav in the nearby village of Strathkinness does excellent food and there's a wood nearby for dog walking of needed

blueskyinmarch Wed 08-Jun-16 18:44:19

That isn’t 100 miles though - it is about 5!

There are loads of lovely campsites all round the East Neuk. No need to travel far.

Tinklypoo Wed 08-Jun-16 18:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinklypoo Wed 08-Jun-16 18:49:49

blueskyinmarch Wed 08-Jun-16 18:50:40

And also visit Craigtoun Park. It is great for little kids.

Wyldfyre Wed 08-Jun-16 19:52:02

Tinkly I may be wrong, but I think the riding stables at Tentsmuir (Kinshaldy) has gone full livery and no longer offers lessons/hacks unless you have your own horse there. I'd not recommend Edenside either (I had two potentially serious accidents there).

Wyldfyre Wed 08-Jun-16 19:53:22

Argh, posted before finishing.

I've heard good things about Barbarafield, which is near Cupar.

Katz Wed 08-Jun-16 19:53:49

We're camping in the forest at loch lommond - the site looks great. We're also going to Loch Ness too but our total mileage from home and back again is just over 1000

blueskyinmarch Wed 08-Jun-16 20:03:37

My DD went riding at Barbrafield with her BF. She came home stinking of horse, with a sore butt, muttering that that £25 could have bought her a top from Topshop. It is no surprise that she lives and works in London. The country life does not appeal to her. However i believe it is very good.

LindyHemming Mon 13-Jun-16 17:33:34

Tinklypoo Mon 13-Jun-16 18:07:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now