Glasgow Family friendly cafes

(10 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Wed 25-May-16 20:37:37

Hi
Can you recommend any family friendly cafes/ restauraunt sin Glasgow city centre & westend? Visiting for a long weekend with a fussy toddler and slightly less fussy P1.

Thanks!

Behooven Wed 25-May-16 20:41:45

The Pelican at the top of Argyle Street is lovely, friendly too.

prettybird Wed 25-May-16 20:42:40

Zizzi's in the West End? I think it's Ashton Lane but might be Cresswell Lane.

What sort of food do you like? A big chain or an independent?

Missanneshirley Wed 25-May-16 20:51:27

There's a city centre zizzis too, my fusspot kids always find something to eat there.
I've had Jamie's Italian on George Sq recommended to me as a good place for kids but I've never been

Missanneshirley Wed 25-May-16 20:52:27

There's a Giraffe too - renfield st I think?

Sgoinneal Wed 25-May-16 20:54:32

Pizza express at the bottom of the princes square shopping centre has plenty of room for kids to run and play - head west for lots of wee cafes and more individual places. Firebird near Kelvingrove art gallery is very friendly for example.

Joskar Wed 25-May-16 20:55:21

The Rio Cafe in Partick. Really nice. Also like The Pelican. The cafe at Kelvingrove is good too.

Meowlster Wed 25-May-16 20:57:37

Avenue on Byres Rd is good, the tables are pretty close together if you've got a pram with you, but the staff are good with kids, and the food is not fancy but good cafe offerings; sarnies, soup, quiche, hummus...

MrsAmaretto Wed 25-May-16 21:07:19

Thanks! I'd rather avoid chains if I can - seem to just eat at Zizi's, pizza express etc. Glad to hear Firebird still exists!

prettybird Thu 26-May-16 21:25:24

If you're in Glasgow this weekend, there's a Spring Fayre in Princes Square tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.

The Three Sisters Bake have a pop-up stall in the basement and there are craft stalls and Postman Pat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now