Talk

Advanced search

polling cards - never arrived? do we need?

(10 Posts)
bonnie1981 Wed 04-May-16 19:51:20

We have not received any polling cards so will we be able to vote tomorrow? We got polling cards for the UK election last year and the referendum but nothing for tomorrow. Worried now that I won't be able to vote. Any advice?

Ginmakesitallok Wed 04-May-16 19:52:09

You don't need cards to vote. As long as you are registered just turn up.

TheTravellingLemon Wed 04-May-16 19:52:18

As long as you are registered, you don't need polling cards.

dementedpixie Wed 04-May-16 19:53:30

www.saa.gov.uk/central/centralerofaqsvoting.html#question8 - says you can still vote as long as you are on the electoral register.

bonnie1981 Wed 04-May-16 19:55:52

I definitely am. Strange we never got any cards though. Will I need to take ID?

Eelus Wed 04-May-16 20:01:20

This happened to us last year. I took our passports and council tax bill but no one asked to see them, we just gave our name and address.

prettybird Wed 04-May-16 20:07:27

If you're concerned, ring up your local office to check whether you're on the register. You can't check on-line, you can only do it over the phone.

cheeseandcrackers77 Wed 04-May-16 22:11:37

I take my polling card every time and never been asked so as long as you are registered you won't need it.

Piffpaffpoff Wed 04-May-16 22:28:03

I am working in a polling station and I can confirm no polling cards required, and no ID required. You just rock up and confirm your name and address when we ask you and if you are on the list of voters, you get to vote. If we suspect you're not who you say you are, we have a process to go through but I've never had to do it yet!

chemenger Thu 05-May-16 10:25:26

You don't need your card, as dd said this morning, she could have been anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now