Talk

Advanced search

What damage has the storms done to you?

(15 Posts)
Groovee Tue 02-Feb-16 19:35:19

2 of our fences are down and a gate between the garages has fallen in Gertrude but our garage roof has been ripped off by Henry!

Insurance claim has been started as it needs a whole new roof!

Roseformeplease Tue 02-Feb-16 19:38:32

Nothing at all - no power cuts, no damage and we are right on the West Coast, overlooking the sea. Amazing! There have been some spectacular things to watch out of the window but, thankfully, no damage. Sorry you seem to have got the worst of it.

LizzieMacQueen Tue 02-Feb-16 23:21:26

The fan cover on the outside of the house blew off and the dogs ate it.

That and a loose slate so not too bad (though I discovered a damp patch on my son's bedroom wall that wasn't there when we decorated last year...)

Kr1stina Wed 03-Feb-16 13:48:53

A bit fell off our satellite dish so it doesn't work anymore . The spoilt brat kids are devastated at having to watch TV on free view hmm #firstworldproblem

Groovee Wed 03-Feb-16 16:15:20

I'm just waiting on a quote. Looks like our whole roof will be replaced. Hoping I get the quote tonight to send off to the insurance.

Kr1stina Wed 03-Feb-16 16:31:58

That's a scunner

peggyundercrackers Wed 03-Feb-16 16:36:47

we had no damage at all.

Groovee - that sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

Ginmakesitallok Wed 03-Feb-16 16:42:33

We lost our food waste bin - does that count??

lanbro Wed 03-Feb-16 16:54:41

Got my head slammed in a car door yesterday due to the high winds...ouch!

Also lost the bin lid but nothing apart from that thank goodness

OneMagnumisneverenough Wed 03-Feb-16 18:54:35

Trampoline went for a wee promenade across the garden but that's it, no actual damage and nothing missing.

Groovee Wed 03-Feb-16 21:30:59

I'm hoping it doesn't rain.

In strong winds in about 2007/8 I got my leg trapped in the car door. Caused a blood clot as dh thought I was joking before he realised I wasn't.

I once lost my recycling bin. And the next week the bin men replaced it because they'd run it overgrin

Fences will wait until spring time.

BloodyDogHairs Thu 04-Feb-16 14:32:57

Thankfully nothing, even the trampoline stayed put for once!

Groovee Sat 20-Feb-16 10:50:42

Insurance company accepted the roofers quote. Money now here and we are just awaiting a dry not windy day to allow the to replace it.

OneMagnumisneverenough Sat 20-Feb-16 12:07:16

Ha ha grovee that's a big ask of the weather at the moment.

Congrats on getting the agreement through though, I bet that's a weight off your mind.

Groovee Sat 20-Feb-16 13:55:35

Well Monday was lovely here, sunny, quite warm, Tuesday Windy, Wednesday Snow... So it could be a while grin. But at least it is water tight now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now