Round tables in Edinburgh restaurants?

(7 Posts)
chemenger Tue 05-Jan-16 13:44:27

Does anyone know of an Edinburgh restaurant with large, round tables, for 12? For student daughter so not too expensive.

When he emerges from his pit, I will ask ds2 - he's a student in Edinburgh too.

cdtaylornats Tue 05-Jan-16 14:33:23

Imperial Palace near the Corn Exchange 0131 443 6898

Its a big restaurant - does Dim Sum and I saw a good few veggie items on the menu

They have round tables, and for the brave traditional Chinese as well as Western style Chinese - so Chicken Feet, Fish Head and fermented bean curd all round.

The traditional menu would give any veggies a chance to try something different - stir-fry red bean curd for example.

I've been twice and enjoyed it both times

chemenger Wed 06-Jan-16 10:29:36

Thanks, I've passed on the suggestion, I don't see the traditional stuff going down well with dd, but there is at least one veggie/vegan who may be a bit more adventurous!

Timeandtune Wed 06-Jan-16 10:39:49

BroughtonDeli in Barony St has wee bit through the back which would seat 12 ( not round table though). Food is lovely and very varied. Something for everyone. Or Modern Art Gallery Belford Rd has one large table ( sort of horseshoe). From memory the cafe at Botanics may also have something suitable.

HMF1 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:10:08

You could try the Dogs or Chez Jules, both on Hanover St (but might not be good for Vegitarians or vegans). I would ask DS1 who is at Edinburgh but he is at the pub with his mates this evening.

chemenger Wed 06-Jan-16 21:19:17

They are going to Tigerlily (my idea of student affordable seems to be out of date!). Thanks for racking your brains for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now