Talk

Advanced search

Pls help re- Nat 5....

(4 Posts)
litha131 Thu 17-Dec-15 08:35:58

ha131

Hope somebody will be able to help me here... may be I am just panicking. My sons school does 8 national 5 in S4. Even though he is very bright he is very adamant that he is not going to do nat 5 in french, as he thinks its pointless. However my worry is will he be disadvantaged in uni admissions compared to pupils who have 8 As in nat5. He waants to do medicine and I am not sure if uni looks into the Nat 5 results at all. His teacher says that its not a problem and it will give him more time to concentrate on the subjects that he want to take the highers. Looking forward for your valuable comments. Thanks in advance....

howabout Thu 17-Dec-15 15:51:37

My DD is of the same opinion regarding nat 5 French. Her school only do 7 Nat 5s in S4. Research I have done to date does not indicate an issue with this.

myotherusernameisbetter Thu 17-Dec-15 23:38:58

As far as I can establish, Uni will not be interested at all in his Nat 5 results. Some schools are only allowing 6 nat 5s anyway so no-one is likely to care whether he does 7 or 8. It's the highers he chooses that are important so the Nat 5s are really just an elimination process on the way to higher subject choices.

The only thing to consider is whether he is likely to need a foreign language higher for whatever it is he wants to study at Uni.

Groovee Tue 22-Dec-15 11:30:00

My Dd dropped French for 4th year, she plans to do it in 5th year instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now