Talk

Advanced search

Travel time

(8 Posts)
pippitysqueakity Tue 27-Oct-15 06:45:57

Am travelling from Central Edinburgh to SSE Glasgow tomorrow. Earliest can leave Edinburgh is 3.30, would like to be at SSE for 5.30. Probably earliest train is 4.00 to Glasgow Central. Would train be best or will driving be reasonable at that time traffic wise, does anyone know or have any advice please?

Trooperslane Tue 27-Oct-15 06:54:50

Train to queen st. Walk to central and train to sse - 2 stops.

Should take you 1.5 hours tops and I define wouldn't drive. Parking also expensive and busy.

PotteringAlong Tue 27-Oct-15 06:58:34

I read the title as time travel and clicked thinking done Scottish space time continuum had been discovered grin

I had to go back and look again when I read the op and was a bit confused.

BlueThursday Tue 27-Oct-15 07:13:23

Would argyle street station be quicker maybe?

cdtaylornats Tue 27-Oct-15 08:03:21

You could take the service 100 bus from Queen Street straight to the SECC

www.spt.co.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/100.pdf

Saves going to central, and the walk from the train station to the SECC

cdtaylornats Tue 27-Oct-15 08:08:16

Thinking about it the best way depends on the train you get from Edinburgh

If you get one that ends up at Central then the low level SECC train is best, if you end up at Queen Street then the bus might be the best option.

pippitysqueakity Tue 27-Oct-15 18:48:12

Thank you all, will definitely get train, the best one for me gets into Q St, then will cab it to venue for the sake of time and bus back.

Groovee Tue 27-Oct-15 19:41:50

The last time my Dd went, she got to Charing Cross then they jumped in a taxi to the SECC. Cost £4. They got the train from Edinburgh Park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now