Talk

Advanced search

Abortion law to be devolved to Holyrood ? What do we think?

(13 Posts)
Ubik1 Sat 10-Oct-15 20:11:28

It looks likely
What do you think? Do you think the Scottish Parliament will change the current law?

I can't see much appetite for change TBh but it might get the anti sbortion campaigners excited...sigh

Ubik1 Sat 10-Oct-15 20:35:06

Hmmm maybe you are all out getting shitfaced

StrawberryLeaf Sat 10-Oct-15 21:25:29

Supposed it makes sense in that all other health matters are devolved. I hope there's no appetite to change it.

Ubik1 Sat 10-Oct-15 22:34:18

You are being far too reasonable strawberry wink

AyeAmarok Mon 12-Oct-15 16:03:42

I'm not opposed to it being devolved to here, but if they restrict it at all I will have a massive problem with that.

I think Nicola Sturgeon would have women's backs about it though and not let them be further disadvantaged <she says, hopefully>

AyeAmarok Mon 12-Oct-15 16:03:48

I'm not opposed to it being devolved to here, but if they restrict it at all I will have a massive problem with that.

I think Nicola Sturgeon would have women's backs about it though and not let them be further disadvantaged <she says, hopefully>

AyeAmarok Mon 12-Oct-15 16:04:35

Sorry for double posting, dodgy phone.

cdtaylornats Wed 14-Oct-15 09:22:22

Why? It's just one more thing for them to screw up. Coming soon the 10 month waiting list for abortion.

ALassUnparalleled Wed 14-Oct-15 22:27:24

I can't see any reason for this.

AnthonyBlanche Wed 14-Oct-15 23:22:35

The religious nutters will be happy as they will see it is an opportunity to lobby for the law to be changed.

As health is devolved it does sort of make sense, but I will be very unhappy if anything is done to restrict women's right to choose.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Sun 18-Oct-15 23:09:31

Well either rights are restricted if devolved = bad
Or they are increased = great for Scots, not so great for our sisters over the border
Or they stay the same = pointless change.

I already think it's shocking that I have more rights than women in IReland.

AnthonyBlanche Fri 30-Oct-15 21:32:49

The wee free's (all 13,000 of them) have already started to lobby for limit for abortion to be cut in half.

I do hope the govt is going to tell them to shut up and go away.

MrsBalustradeLanyard Fri 30-Oct-15 21:35:39

According to The Times most MSPs are behind a motion to make no change to existing law and Nicola S has said she has no intention of changing the current legal limit (24 weeks possibly??)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: