Talk

Advanced search

Midge repellent that actually works?

(13 Posts)
HirplesWithHaggis Tue 28-Jul-15 17:49:20

This could transform tourism! grin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 28-Jul-15 17:54:05

Meh. There is one if these stories every year, and it's always bollocks.

After extensive testing I can confirm that this works (and is the only thing that does)
www.midgejacket.co.uk/shop/beatons-midge-jacket/

ninaricci Tue 28-Jul-15 18:04:14

That is a glamorous product there, isn't it?

<wolf whistles>

bloody Scotland.

OOAOML Tue 28-Jul-15 19:05:38

I love the fact it appears to have been raining when the midge jacket photo was takengrin

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 28-Jul-15 19:44:19

Maybe they are midges wink

OOAOML Tue 28-Jul-15 20:04:56

Could be, they get everywhere! I remember coming back from the loo once to find my glass of juice covered in a film of midges. In fact I'm pretty sure my parents picked the most midge-ridden holiday destinations possible. I used to get lots of bites on my legs. I wonder if you get midge trousers...

ClaudiaNaughton Wed 29-Jul-15 08:38:27

There are some tasty looking midge gloves.

lifeinfife Sun 02-Aug-15 10:58:01

smidge!!!! u need smidge!!!! it works. camping for two nights and I got one bite. no deet either so its good. better than skin so soft and worth the £7 smile can find it online and they list stockists smile smile

JillBYeats Sun 02-Aug-15 10:59:33

SMIDGE!!! Only thing that works - can't keep it in stock in the west of Ireland - based on the extra-ferocious Scottish midge we are told.

AgentProvocateur Sun 02-Aug-15 11:05:13

Another vote for smidge. It definitely works.

popcornpaws Thu 06-Aug-15 09:47:01

Smidge!
I take my dog for his walk at night "over the glen" and you can see swarms of them some nights, honestly, with smidge on i don't get bitten at all.
I used to be bitten stupid and some bites would turn septic they were so bad, not now tho!
You can buy it in outdoor shops (like cotswolds) or online.

BlueThursday Thu 06-Aug-15 13:49:09

I didn't know it was only a west coast problem, I learned that on the wireless the other day shock

MrEmerald Thu 06-Aug-15 14:00:31

Another vote for smidge. It really does work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now