Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got a very excited P1?

(14 Posts)
SvetlanaKhorkina Mon 27-Jul-15 15:16:28

Counting down the days here- not helped by awful weather.

I think I have all of her uniform. I've to pick up the logo-ed stuff at school the day before so I really, really hope it fits.

I'm a bit anxious because the school haven't told us which class she is in. They didn't even say which teachers were going to be taking the classes. Eeeeekk.

strawberrydaquiari Mon 27-Jul-15 15:23:34

Yes, I have one. We've met his teacher and he really likes her which is great.
I have bags and shirts but leaving everything else till nearer the time as he's sprouting just now.

weasleybreeder Mon 27-Jul-15 15:57:23

Excited and anxious in equal measures here but DC allows approaches new situations with caution so I was expecting that. All uniform bought just pencil case to go. DC has met his teacher and his classmates and seems quite happy a couple of nursery friends are in the same class.

mawbroon Mon 27-Jul-15 17:06:07

Yes, mine is really, really excited and I know he will love it.
And I will have lots of child free time hooray!

SvetlanaKhorkina Mon 27-Jul-15 17:09:12

We had to order in May(!) so I was actually glad when DD sprouted- more chance of fitting into the massive things I ordered!

Are you all full days?

We are 9.30am on the first day then 9-12 until September, uufff. Nightmare.

mawbroon Mon 27-Jul-15 17:13:33

Ours have one week of half days then straight into full days.

Ds2 will probably cope just fine, but I know there will be some that struggle. I know ds1 would have done, but our head teacher said it is fine to take them out for a couple of afternoons if they need it.

WaverleyOwl Mon 27-Jul-15 17:19:30

We have over 3 weeks of half days - been trying to figure out how to manage it all!

Nothing bought yet, but suspected a growth spurt so wanted to leave it nearer the time. This week's challenge, I think!

I've seen some threads about how much stuff to get but I'm totally confused. Polo shirts or shirts and tie? I would have thought the polo shirts would be easier...? What size bag to get?

Can you tell this is my first into P1?!

SvetlanaKhorkina Mon 27-Jul-15 17:26:14

I feel like I am planning a military expedition or something blush

I got 4 shirts (2 packs of 2) and 2 polo shirts. I have read on here to keep a shirt by for photos and anything smart, which seemed sensible. I am going to send her in trousers and a polo shirt on PE days.

Jumpers and cardigans frazzled me. They were so expensive to order through school, and I hadn't a clue how many to buy.

weasleybreeder Mon 27-Jul-15 18:20:32

Ours have 3 half days as school goes back on a Wednesday then straight into full days. The uniform is shirt and tie (even on gym days) so I have 4 shirts, 3 trousers and 3 v neck jumpers. Some of my friends prefer to have 5 of everything so they are never short but I do a washing every day as I have a big brood!

WaverleyOwl Mon 27-Jul-15 18:24:31

Good point about the shirt for smart occasions! Missed the boat getting a school tie, so might have to start with polo shirts. They were selling school badges too - are those just for blazers? Do any kids wear blazers? I don't recall seeing any of the kids going to the primary school that smart...

I almost feel like this is my first day at school blush

SvetlanaKhorkina Mon 27-Jul-15 18:31:09

I know the feeling grin

No blazers here. They sell school hoodies but at another £30 I decided not to bother!

How many wears do normally you get out of a jumper, weasley? Although school was sweltering when we were there for the induction day- wouldn't be surprised if they were all flung off and lost.

weasleybreeder Mon 27-Jul-15 19:43:02

Usually get 2 days out of a jumper (unless I give them yoghurt for their packed lunch). If this rank weather continues then they may need jumpers in August although in other years mine have gone back wearing shirt and tie and blazer/jacket only. I tend to buy one logo'd v neck from school supplier and a two pack from Sainsburys, unless the school insist on branded I really wouldn't get more than 1, they are nice for photos/assemblies etc but they are usually the one that is lost, swiped or destroyed in art!

306235388 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:54:40

No logo stuff for Ds. poor deprived child!

She's my youngest so am feeling emotional, she's only 4 too.

We have 8 days of 9-12....

SvetlanaKhorkina Mon 27-Jul-15 20:15:51

Thanks. She'll need to come home and have lunch until the first week of September and full days so I won't really know what I need until then.

I went for 1 tank top and 1 jumper in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now