Talk

Advanced search

Somewhere in Glasgow city centre for brunch tomorrow

(17 Posts)
StormBraver Fri 24-Jul-15 12:57:47

I'm heading to Glasgow tomorrow for a pal's hen do, and I quite fancy taking myself off for a nice chilled brunch/ early lunch before I meet up with the others. It's ages since I've been in Glasgow, so where in the city centre would be good for that sort of thing on a Saturday morning and quiet enough that I could just turn up and grab a table for one without too much of a wait? Recommendations would be great!

woowoo22 Fri 24-Jul-15 16:36:48

Tribeca and Cafe Andaluse (sp?) are both really good, apologies I have no idea where they are as always get taken to places by my sister grin but both in the city centre.

StormBraver Fri 24-Jul-15 16:41:51

Thank you, I'll google them!

cluelessnchaos Fri 24-Jul-15 16:44:47

Browns on george square is worth a try, I alwats expect it to be busy but they've been quiet whenever I've gone for brunch

KissMyFatArse Fri 24-Jul-15 16:46:37

Merchant city is good for lots of yummy restaurants and bar food that's great quality.

chiruri Fri 24-Jul-15 16:47:06

Cafe Andaluz is my all time fave restaurant in Glasgow, and as far as I recall it does a good lunch deal. It's close to George Square.
TriBeCa is in the west end, but has gone a bit downhill since it went under new management. If you're near the west end Stravaigan does an excellent breakfast/brunch.

HMF1 Fri 24-Jul-15 16:59:34

Frankly I would avoid Brown's the food is bland & they served me curdled hollandaise last time I was there & the waitress didn't know what I was on about. The fabulous Cafe Gandolfi is nearby, it's lovely & very chilled. I haven't tried it for Brunch options but Sweddish Affair in Royal exchange Square might be worth a look or The Anchor Line in St Vincent place. Finally Riverhill on Gordon St/ west Nile St or Carluccios on West Nile St

Sunbeam18 Fri 24-Jul-15 17:58:32

Cafe Gandolfi would by choice -lovely place

Sunbeam18 Fri 24-Jul-15 17:59:04

Be my choice, I mean !

AgentProvocateur Fri 24-Jul-15 18:14:22

I'd go to river hill in west Nile street (but it's quite small) or the newly opened cote - also on west Nile street both are excellent.

KissMyFatArse Fri 24-Jul-15 18:50:35

Gandolfi is a good shout

nooddsocksforme Fri 24-Jul-15 20:52:24

head to princes square-either basement or 3rd floor -there are lots of places I would be happy to eat on my own. Frasers has Hughs champagne bar which has light lunches(with a glass of champagne) if you want . great for shopping but not as nice as princes square imo

QuietIsland Fri 24-Jul-15 20:55:04

Was in Cafe Andaluz today near George Square. Great lunch!

StormBraver Fri 24-Jul-15 21:14:06

Thanks everyone thanks. Think I might head to Cafe Gandolfi as it comes so well recommended though very tempted to skip the hen party and just spend the day eating and drinking my way around Glasgow!

HMF1 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:31:30

Hope you enjoy yourself OP. If the hens are into gin go to Gin 71 on Renfield St for a fabulous selection of gins & gin based cocktails.

ssd Fri 24-Jul-15 22:37:17

I think the merchant city festival is on tomorrow, cafe gandolfi is a good idea.

ssd Fri 24-Jul-15 22:39:57

here you go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now