Talk

Advanced search

Just how bad is the parking situation at the new "death star" hospital?

(8 Posts)
trixymalixy Fri 17-Jul-15 00:05:05

Anyone been? I need to take DS there tomorrow and I'm worrying about being able to park.

Behooven Fri 17-Jul-15 00:16:47

It's really busy. Go early just in case.

Bunnet Fri 17-Jul-15 00:18:58

I've found it much easier to park at Braehead and get the bus over. Drops you right at the door and no need to worry then. Only a couple of pounds.

WandaDoff Fri 17-Jul-15 00:19:45

It's ridiculous.
Give yourself at least half an hour extra.

trixymalixy Fri 17-Jul-15 09:55:52

Thanks, not great to have my fears confirmed though!! Will leave plenty of time. I'd prefer not to use public transport as DS is quite often vomiting when we leave sad.

WankerDeAsalWipe Fri 17-Jul-15 19:51:10

Not sure about cars but DH got told off for parking his ambulance in the ambulance parking area as there were too many ambulances in it hmm - "aye fine then, I'll just not bother picking up the patient and go then shall I?" the answer to that was, "well finish your sandwich and go park over in the normal car park until they are ready to go" Considering it was the first stop (at 2pm) he'd had since starting at 8am, damned sure he was finishing his sandwich!

trixymalixy Fri 17-Jul-15 20:20:33

Wouldn't say parking was fine exactly but no worse than the old Yorkhill could be sometimes.

The new hospital is pretty nice inside and plenty to entertain the kids as we were there pretty early!

That's bizarre about the ambulance parking!!

Behooven Sat 18-Jul-15 00:35:44

Hope your DS got on ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now