Talk

Advanced search

Scottish Government Childcare Survey

(4 Posts)
sleepyhead Mon 01-Jun-15 00:21:33

Just came across a link to this survey tweeted by my MP
response.questback.com/scottishgovernment/childcaresurvey/

I'd not seen it publicised anywhere so thought I'd share. For parents of 3 & 4 year olds on use of childcare.

"The Scottish Government propose to increase the free child care provision to 1140 hours per year for children who are 3 or 4 years old, as well as for vulnerable 2 year olds who are eligible for the 600 hours free entitlement through the Children & Young People’s Act 2014.

We are currently looking for parents of 3 or 4 year olds residing in Scotland to give their views on the following:

Their current use of child care.
- Whether they would use the increased hours of free child care.
- How they would use the increased hours of childcare
- How their views differ depending on family and work related factors."

Alwaysinahurrynow Tue 02-Jun-15 18:16:25

Think it's a good thing although disappointed that it is not the same offering as that in England from next year nor does it match what they were proposing during the referendum (which they had the powers to do at the time). As a wohm, all help with childcare is appreciated.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Mon 15-Jun-15 15:07:33

Filled in, thanks! Another wohm who would appreciate any help given.

Did anyone want the payment to be term-time 9-3 only? What planet are they on? I said firmly in the final comment section that I didn't know anyone fortunate enough to work term-time 9-3 only, not even teachers.

lotsofcheese Tue 16-Jun-15 22:40:09

Filled it in too! At least they're asking, but I wish the proposals started next year, like England.

I have a 6 year old & 2 year old; the increased funding will probably be too late for me.

I'd prefer the funding to be divided equally throughout the year, so it helps with private nursery fees.

Agree that the 9-3 term-time proposal is useless if you're working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now