Peacock

(9 Posts)
AutumnBlossom Thu 09-Mar-17 21:56:21

Had such a treat the other day, quite a surreal moment too, whilst out a peacock decided it was going to cross the road right in front of us. I've never seen one up close before in person, but it was so beautiful.

Was tempted to suggest pulling over to take a photo, but a few cars came and it was a light bend, so didn't want to cause a potential accident even though no yellow lines. I was so shocked I had the chance but missed it, proper face palm moment.

Hopefully I'll catch it again, but can't imagine where it had come from. The strangest things make my day.

What's the prettiest bird you've seen in person?

Ethelswith Fri 10-Mar-17 18:24:39

A while ago, I knew someone who kept peacocks.

Very noisy!

DevelopingDetritus Fri 10-Mar-17 18:36:41

I love peacocks too, they are beautiful birds, Yes quite noisy. If I had enough land away from other houses I think I would get one. Oh yeah, no good if you have cats though and I love cars too sad.
I saw a bee hummingbird in Cuba (smallest bird in the world).

Here's a white one.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 10-Mar-17 18:42:38

Can't have enough pictures. I can't make out if this is art or an actual peacock

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 18:43:54

We have a peacock and two peahens at our local park, he always has his feathers up flirting (well, when he has them). He is quite handsome.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 10-Mar-17 18:45:55

Poor peahen sad

MinimumPaymentMaximumBurrito Fri 10-Mar-17 18:48:25

They are beautiful, OP.

The rainbow parrots at the London zoo are amazing - they fly them out over the audience. They look like flying rainbows.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 10-Mar-17 18:49:30

Bee hummingbird.

DevelopingDetritus Mon 13-Mar-17 16:58:48

Aww, haven't we got anymore nice birdie pictures. Come back OP. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now